• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Hawk

This thread now makes me want to leave my skis on the ground so bad. All you curmudgeons need an enema. Next year I am going to go to the racks and move everybody's skis around from rack to rack so that I can watch the mayhem. I may even put them on the ground next to the door. Yup that's it. I will never put my skis on the rack again. HA HA

skiur

This thread now makes me want to leave my skis on the ground so bad. All you curmudgeons need an enema. Next year I am going to go to the racks and move everybody's skis around from rack to rack so that I can watch the mayhem. I may even put them on the ground next to the door. Yup that's it. I will never put my skis on the rack again. HA HA

I wish I could be as cool as you!

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I wish I could be as cool as you!

Lighten up francis,He was being sarcastic.

Leaving your skis on the ground is easier to click in after you had a few in the bar.

I don’t mind if there’s some order, like parking a lot arrangement. Bulwinkles at SL doesn’t quite have enough racks but the times I’ve been there most people seem to line up and not block the entrance. Better than leaning them on a fence and waiting for the domino effect.

benski

Hire someone to pick my skis up and rack them then unrack and place on ground for me and clean off my boots when I am ready...

Better idea, throw them into the woods and leave a note so the kids can find them by the end of the day.

Hawk

Silicone Bob is right. I was kidding on the action part of my email. I just don't see what the bid deal is as I have never even had a thought about this at Sugarbush. The grand majority of people (at least the ones that I socialize with) are way laid back and don't have problems with most things. This deep rooted hatred of the Ski Program kids is troubling to me. I don't have kids in any programs but have friends with kids in the programs. Those kids are nothing but kind and respectful. When I come down to the lodge, there are skis on the ground and I ski around them. Never had and issue and never had any thoughts of anger about them. We are a community at Sugarbush and most of us coexist together with very little angst. I have a feeling that most people that have issues are not really part of that community. But then again maybe not.

Smellytele

Silicone Bob is right. I was kidding on the action part of my email. I just don't see what the bid deal is as I have never even had a thought about this at Sugarbush. The grand majority of people (at least the ones that I socialize with) are way laid back and don't have problems with most things. This deep rooted hatred of the Ski Program kids is troubling to me. I don't have kids in any programs but have friends with kids in the programs. Those kids are nothing but kind and respectful. When I come down to the lodge, there are skis on the ground and I ski around them. Never had and issue and never had any thoughts of anger about them. We are a community at Sugarbush and most of us coexist together with very little angst. I have a feeling that most people that have issues are not really part of that community. But then again maybe not.

This is not just Sugarbush that people are speaking of when it comes to racers leaving their skis laying on the ground. Glad it is all kumbaya at Sugarbush though.

cdskier

I think people here are talking about two very different things. The racers at Mt Ellen are nothing like the kids in the Blazers programs at Lincoln Peak. I'm not going to necessarily say it is the racers leaving their skis on the ground, but at Mt Ellen it is a huge issue while at Lincoln Peak you rarely see the vast number of skis on the ground by the lodge that you often do at Mt Ellen. Even when it is racers, it easily could be racers from other ski areas that are at Mt Ellen for the day participating in an event. No one ever said they had a problem with the kids in the Ski Programs at Sugarbush in this thread.

Hawk

I think people here are talking about two very different things. The racers at Mt Ellen are nothing like the kids in the Blazers programs at Lincoln Peak. I'm not going to necessarily say it is the racers leaving their skis on the ground, but at Mt Ellen it is a huge issue while at Lincoln Peak you rarely see the vast number of skis on the ground by the lodge that you often do at Mt Ellen. Even when it is racers, it easily could be racers from other ski areas that are at Mt Ellen for the day participating in an event. No one ever said they had a problem with the kids in the Ski Programs at Sugarbush in this thread.
Actually was generally speaking and had both mountains and all programs and Race programs in mind. I have at least 4 friends/Families that are currently enrolled at GMVS or race ski at Mellon. So it is just my opinion that even there, I do not have a problem with the ski on the ground or the kids in the race program. In the end we all have our pet peeves. Mine is snowmaking as you know. Others it is this ski thing or the perception of the entitled kid thing. That's not me. To each his own. ;-)

tumbler

This was about Brambles being widened and closed all the time. The skis on the ground was a joke to get people riled up. And it worked! In fact I leave my skis on the ground sometimes (GASP)

HowieT2

Thats because at LP there is the long fence to lean the skis up against. I really dont have a problem with the skis on the ground at mellon and do it myself when the racks are full. I'd prefer it to be more orderly but in the grand scheme of things its not that big a deal and its actually nice to see that there is more than a smattering of skiers there. but it is summertime so there has to be something to complain about.

HowieT2

Actually was generally speaking and had both mountains and all programs and Race programs in mind. I have at least 4 friends/Families that are currently enrolled at GMVS or race ski at Mellon. So it is just my opinion that even there, I do not have a problem with the ski on the ground or the kids in the race program. In the end we all have our pet peeves. Mine is snowmaking as you know. Others it is this ski thing or the perception of the entitled kid thing. That's not me. To each his own. ;-)

what? you have snowmaking issues? who knew.

cdskier

Thats because at LP there is the long fence to lean the skis up against. I really dont have a problem with the skis on the ground at mellon and do it myself when the racks are full. I'd prefer it to be more orderly but in the grand scheme of things its not that big a deal and its actually nice to see that there is more than a smattering of skiers there. but it is summertime so there has to be something to complain about.

I've seen times at ME where the racks are half empty yet the ground is covered in skis. It was either last year or the year before that they even had signs out saying don't leave your skis on the ground it got so bad. Several times they had employees picking skis up and putting them in racks. When the racks are full I can't blame people for doing it as they really have no other option. In that case it is on the resort to ensure there are enough racks. But when the racks are half empty there really is no excuse. If it wasn't an issue, SB wouldn't have put out signs and sent employees to pick up skis and put them in the racks.

cdskier

There's a "deep-rooted hatred" of the ski program kids at Sugarbush?

Color me skeptical, that seems weird.

There isn't. He was referring to what he was reading in this thread (which I think was misinterpreted as I didn't see what he saw).

HowieT2

There isn't. He was referring to what he was reading in this thread (which I think was misinterpreted as I didn't see what he saw).

there have been some complaints in the past about the blazer kids cutting the lift lines and/or filling up the bus on german flats. haters gonna hate.

cdskier

there have been some complaints in the past about the blazer kids cutting the lift lines and/or filling up the bus on german flats. haters gonna hate.

I was referring to not seeing any hatred toward them in the current conversation. I do vaguely remember the lift line complaints a while ago, although can't say I ever really saw that happen much personally. The coaches are very good about making sure the kids are respectful from what I've seen. One time my dad was standing at the top of Spring Fling and a kid almost skied into him. The coach made the kid apologize and reminded her that she always needs to watch where she is going.

GregoryIsaacs

Ahh Sugarbush.... the only place where you can find grown men with neoprene boot coverings/heated socks fighting pre-teenaged kids. Love going there!

cdskier

Ahh Sugarbush.... the only place where you can find grown men with neoprene boot coverings/heated socks fighting pre-teenaged kids. Love going there!

That is a dead issue. It was one single guest that could have happened anywhere. I'm not aware of any resort that has a pre-screening process that would prevent idiots from buying a ticket. If I remember correctly, that person's ticket was also revoked once management was alerted.