• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Bohemia out of Freedom Pass?

p_levert

Newpylong

Yes they are not on it. If you fit into the category the next up from that that I know of would be a $140 Whaleback Military Pass (active, reserve, vet w/honorable discharge). It is a 7 day pass and comes with Freedom Benefits. After that they have a Young Adult (18-29 years) Unlimited pass for $249.

Bosco DaSkia

According to the dude who answers the phone at mt bohimia, they have not yet finalized their contract on the freedom pass. They said the news of which ski areas they are going to be partnering with will be announced at the beginning of October.

MEtoVTSkier

Yes they are not on it. If you fit into the category the next up from that that I know of would be a $140 Whaleback Military Pass (active, reserve, vet w/honorable discharge). It is a 7 day pass and comes with Freedom Benefits. After that they have a Young Adult (18-29 years) Unlimited pass for $249.

The Military Pass page makes NO mention of the Freedom Pass, one way or the other. The Mid-Week does, on the other hand, say that it is for Unlimited Passholders, and not Mid-Week holders.

Newpylong

Any 7 day pass from any participating Freedom member works for the Program. Here is the language for the contract:

Each mountain agrees to honor the following types of passes: “Full Season Passes” including Adult, Youth, Child, Student, Senior, Employee, Family and Military.
The following pass types will not be honored: “Weekday”, “Blackout” or “Nordic” season passes, or “Loyalty/Discount” cards for free or discounted lift tickets.

If you go here: https://www.whaleback.com/season-pass-benefits/ it does say only Mid-Week passes are not accepted for the Freedom Program.

However the special discount passes ie Military Pass at WB do not receive the non-Freedom (ie G&S discounts, Killington, Ragged, Sunapee 50% off etc) partner benefits.

Last edited:

MEtoVTSkier

Good to know, but it would have been easier to figure out if they had stated it one way or the other right on the Military Pass page, like they did for the mid-week and the Corporate pages.

As far losing on the non-Freedom discounts... Killington gives FREE Express cards to Veteran's anyhow, so you can still get 50%/25% off anyhow... works.

Either way, I think its a great deal with all the Freedom options. That alone would fill up the empty gaps on my ski calendar.

Bosco DaSkia

It's Over

So, it would appear that the answer to the original question is, Yes. The Mt Bohemia loophole in the freedom pass has been closed. Their pass price page specifically says that the $99 pass is good at Mt Bohemia only.

http://www.mtbohemia.com/tickets-passes/

So, there you have it. One of the truly great ski deals is gone.....:sadwalk: