• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who will open First?

First to Open?

• Loveland

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Arapahoe Basin

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Mammoth

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Killington

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Sunday River

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Some random ski area I've barely heard of

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slatham

Yes based on what I see on the CAM, what Al wrote, and what the forecast models look like, I'd say next week.

dlague

Blowing out the mice I'd suspect, it's going to get really warm in CO next week.

Warmed up so much that it snowed like gang busters at Loveland and A Basin! I Like it. Plus there must have been lots of white mice at Loveland and A Basin.

machski

dlague

They were mentioned at October 28th. Crap list, no way Sunday River doesn't open until November 25th this year. Must be based on opening dates last year.

Sent from my SM-T900 using AlpineZone mobile app

Yup my bad - what is with the targeted date. They should say mid to late October instead. Once Killington commits they go like gang busters.

machski

Yup my bad - what is with the targeted date. They should say mid to late October instead. Once Killington commits they go like gang busters.
Like I said, this list seems to just post last year's opening dates. Sunday River opened late November due to Locke being down for overhaul early season. That won't be the case this year, yet they were tagged with a Nov. 25th opening. Crap.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

Well no one mentioned it but - Timberline Lodge & Ski Area for the steal! This weekend - October 7th.

Jully

Like I said, this list seems to just post last year's opening dates. Sunday River opened late November due to Locke being down for overhaul early season. That won't be the case this year, yet they were tagged with a Nov. 25th opening. Crap.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Lists like this come out every year. Its dumb.

bushpilot

I am liking my move to Southern Oregon! Can't wait for Mt Ashland to open but this sounds like the next best thing.

Timberline To Open Palmer For Skiing This Weekend

By Ski Oregon | on October 5, 2017 Feature
unnamed
Weather permitting, Timberline will be opening Palmer on weekends for advanced skiing and snowboarding starting Oct. 7 and 8. Lift tickets will be available for purchase at Timberline’s Wy’East Day Lodge. Get your 2017/2018 Timberline Season Pass and use it this weekend!

Early season snow conditions are exceptionally variable with the possibility of ice in the mornings and thaw in the afternoon. Skiers and riders are urged to use extreme caution. We strongly recommend Palmer for advanced skiers and snowboarders only.

Stay tuned to Timberline Lodge Conditions for future operating times and lift schedule.