• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - Other ski areas in a death spiral besides Killington?

AdironRider

Im pretty against his anything Killington does is bullshit without ASC prices and Pres Smith quality stance, but I dont think we should start censoring him.

Forums suck when its one big circle jerk.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
No thank you, this is something your whole forum should read.

While it is true that I do not know what goes on behind the scenes, I have noticed many of HighwayStar's threads getting merged. That only confuses the issue and makes things worse. In my opinion, eliminating his threads and posts would bring the Killington debate back to a normal level. i.e., not much different than some other mountains in the East. How you manage to keep Killington as a sponsor while letting HighwayStar continue his escalating attacks is beyond me.

It is as though you enjoy having him around just so he can continue to give all Killington skiers a bad reputation.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Personally, I really enjoy skiing Killington, as do most on the board. Some are more vocal than others when it comes to complaining.

The intent of moderation is to keep things easier to consume. So if there are 10x threads about Killington, it makes sense to merge them if the topics are similar. I've made dozens of posts myself that I didn't see an earlier thread on and had to merge.

But deleting a post based on a differing opinion? That's not right. Also, I don't see how keeping him around gives K skiers a bad rep ... everyone is their own person, in real life and on the boards, and making a sweeping judgement about AZ based on a few poster's opinions isn't accurate.

That's just my .02.

Highway Star

Wow. I actually agree with AdironRider and deadheadskier.

wait for it........

OMG IT'S THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!1111!1!!!!!!!!!!

Highway Star

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Personally, I really enjoy skiing Killington, as do most on the board. Some are more vocal than others when it comes to complaining.

The intent of moderation is to keep things easier to consume. So if there are 10x threads about Killington, it makes sense to merge them if the topics are similar. I've made dozens of posts myself that I didn't see an earlier thread on and had to merge.

But deleting a post based on a differing opinion? That's not right. Also, I don't see how keeping him around gives K skiers a bad rep ... everyone is their own person, in real life and on the boards, and making a sweeping judgement about AZ based on a few poster's opinions isn't accurate.

That's just my .02.

Can I challenge him to a ski-off???

UVSHTSTRM

No thank you, this is something your whole forum should read.

While it is true that I do not know what goes on behind the scenes, I have noticed many of HighwayStar's threads getting merged. That only confuses the issue and makes things worse. In my opinion, eliminating his threads and posts would bring the Killington debate back to a normal level. i.e., not much different than some other mountains in the East. How you manage to keep Killington as a sponsor while letting HighwayStar continue his escalating attacks is beyond me.

It is as though you enjoy having him around just so he can continue to give all Killington skiers a bad reputation.

It's pretty simple, don't read if you don't like....not a hard concept. I admit, I disagree with quite a bit of what HS says, but other times I find his posts either funny or dead on!

I think you should go back to the island!

Skipper of the SS Minnow Out!

Gilligan

Well, if nothing else, at least I accomplished something I would have previously thought impossible. Getting a little love for HighwayStar. Amazing, but okay, I hear you.

My point is not that we need to completely silence a voice here. My point is that HS is overshadowing most of the other voices with regards to Killington. By allowing him to start so many negative threads and then compound it with so many negative posts, well, it seems like HS is censoring the rest of us. Or at least drowning us out.

I do not like seeing my favorite mountain, or the people that ski there, repeatedly insulted. That is why I finally joined the forum instead of just lurking. I just think that the moderators could try a little harder to moderate the HS/K issue. Currently it has really gotten out of hand.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I do not like seeing my favorite mountain, or the people that ski there, repeatedly insulted. That is why I finally joined the forum instead of just lurking. I just think that the moderators could try a little harder to moderate the HS/K issue. Currently it has really gotten out of hand.

Fair enough. But you are also free to post your own comments about how great Killington is and that is fine.

Again, if you have any concerns please Email or PM the mods and indicate what forum rules you feel that are being broken if any. You'll also see that we ask folks to bring concerns regarding moderation to us rather than commenting on the boards.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Well, if nothing else, at least I accomplished something I would have previously thought impossible. Getting a little love for HighwayStar. Amazing, but okay, I hear you.

My point is not that we need to completely silence a voice here. My point is that HS is overshadowing most of the other voices with regards to Killington. By allowing him to start so many negative threads and then compound it with so many negative posts, well, it seems like HS is censoring the rest of us. Or at least drowning us out.

Sure, that's why we moderate and keep it in one thread. So you don't click on "Skiing Forum" and see 5 out of 15 threads about Killington doing something HS doesn't approve of :lol:

4aprice

Let me say that Hunter is very kid friendly. There are hundreds of kids running around the lodge all the time.

I'm glad to hear Hunter is kid friendly. Its a great place and I haven't gotten there enough lately. Killington in my opinion is pretty kid friendly too. But I will tell you when I was haunting those two places back in the 80's, kids were the last thing on my mind. There was a scene at both of those mountains that doesn't seem to exist any more. Not saying thats a bad thing as has been pointed out marriage, kids and other things have changed. I just have fond memories of those days.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

gmcunni

530715_10150656834189401_34949209400_9295497_1949797398_n.jpg

Highway Star

Killington has a solid 48 hour snowmaking window coming up, starting sunday night.

Trekchick

Moderating a forum is a thankless task.
Its really nice that someone who's only been around a few weeks has all this insight to "fix" the site.
:beer: