• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A Rose By Any Other Name

highpeaksdrifter

Why is the name of this forum Alpine Zone - New England & Northeast Ski Forums?

Since New England is in the Northeast isn’t it redundant to put both in the name? Why not just Northeast Ski forums? Just sayin.

Grassi21

Why is the name of this forum Alpine Zone - New England & Northeast Ski Forums?

Since New England is in the Northeast isn’t it redundant to put both in the name? Why not just Northeast Ski forums? Just sayin.

well if you look at the ski areas profiled it covers NY, NJ, PA, RI, Maryland, VA, and W. VA. the majority of the content is New England with additional coverage of other areas in the Northeast.

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
You're just upset because you're not in New England with the rest of the cool kids. 8)

:lol:

highpeaksdrifter

well if you look at the ski areas profiled it covers NY, NJ, PA, RI, Maryland, VA, and W. VA. the majority of the content is New England with additional coverage of other areas in the Northeast.

i edited my original post with another line. ^^^

Can’t buy it. It would be like a forum for women and other people who can give birth.

bvibert

Staff member
I have to admit it would be cool to be a member of the Connecticut Legit Intense Terrain Seekers :wink:

I knew you were jealous.

Seriously, I think this site started out as strictly New England and then branched out into other areas in the North East. The title is a bit redundant, and I'm not sure why Greg decided to keep it that way, but I imagine it helps with search results.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Can’t buy it. It would be like a forum for women and other people who can give birth.
Not quite... because women biologically can give birth, so both are the same. Northeast and New England are not. So "Alpine Zone - New England & Northeast Ski Forums" would be more like saying "Shape Zone - rectangles and squares forums".

;)

I agree with Grassi's post though. I think it started out as being New England focused and broadened to other Northeast regions. But the focus is still (for the most part) New England.

bvibert

Staff member
If that's your line of reasoning why not make it - Alpine Zone - New England & Northeast Ski Forums for Women With Big Tits

That would get a whole different type of visitors to the site! :eek:
(and I don't think it would be well endowed women either)

Greg

Staff member
If that's your line of reasoning why not make it - Alpine Zone - New England & Northeast Ski Forums for Women With Big Tits

Deceptive marketing. More like the AlpineZone Sausage Fest

bvibert

Staff member
And another thing - How come my thread got moved here when 1 Pair of skis for the whole season.... which ones didn't get moved to Gear.

You like Phillycore better then me or somethin?

That's a good question since that thread used to reside in the Gear forum...