• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

sundown sunday 12-28

powhunter

Got there with my son john and his friend josh around 1030...saw 03jeff pulling out as we arrived.....Anyways conditions were fantastic soft corn bumps!!!! Met Jonnypoach and started lapping temptor!! I cant say enough about the conditions....Totally awesome some of the best lines I skied all year!! By mid afternoon I was in a T shirt and still sweating....anyways I had to leave around 230 (my son had a gnarly crash and twisted his ankle) then my last run I pulled a lower back muscle..hope it heals by tomorrow :roll: saw Greg pulling in as I was leaving....Hope the night crew has as much fun as we did today!!!!

steveo

o3jeff

Definitely some spring conditions out there today. Hopefully we get some cold weather to bring the conditions back to prime mid season skiing.

Greg

Staff member
I went from 2:30 to 7 pm. I thought the bumps were very good. Actually not as mashed potato-like as I expected given the warmth. Corn bumps is pretty accurate. Lines still sorta wavered, but overall lots of fun. I skied solo until around 5pm when I met up with Brian. Never saw MrMagic. I whacked an inch off the clown poles down to 45" which feel a lot better. I skied okay. Some good runs, some not so good. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon.

Madroch

Skied from about 12:30 to 3:15 or so with my son and friends and thier son. You all know the weather. Temptor was perfect snow wise, but the lines weren't quite ideal yet (but a lot closer than Friday night). Unfortunately, only hit Temptor 4 times. Would have been a perfect day had it not been December 28.

Madroch

How did the video icon get in the corner of my last post? Was that my doings?

Greg

Staff member
BTW, I was having fun carving Exhibition on my bump skis today. Well, at least I think I was carving... :lol:

Steve-O - hope you and your boy heal up soon.

bvibert

Staff member
Pretty decent night, conditions wise, just couldn't get into a good rhythm though. I skied from 5 till about 8. I finally called it quits after getting stuck at the top of the bumps waiting for large groups of snowboarders to finish scraping the tops of the bumps off for several runs in a row. The bumps almost seemed to soften up as the night was wore on, but the lines weren't getting any better, just worse...

I forgot to mention that I'm feeling pretty beat up today. It had been less than a week since I last skied, but it felt like the first day of the season for me conditioning wise... :(

powhunter

BTW, I was having fun carving Exhibition on my bump skis today. Well, at least I think I was carving... :lol:

Steve-O - hope you and your boy heal up soon.

yea thanks...just pulled a muscle...will take a few days to rebound....as far as john goes he will be back in action today......have fun this afternoon...its gonna be nice!!!

steve

Madroch

I forgot to mention that I'm feeling pretty beat up today. It had been less than a week since I last skied, but it felt like the first day of the season for me conditioning wise... :(

Funny, my legs are pretty shot too, for no apparent reason. Friday they were okay, but Sunday they were dead and are tired again today. May be a cold or illness thing though, as other symptoms are arising. Need to heal by either Wed. afternoon or Friday night, depending upon mother nature.

MrMagic

sounds like agood night, i was battleing a cold yesterday, and afetr work went to bed, much better now! ready for the bumps