• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anybody else getting error since the server switch?

Puck it

Since the server change, I have been getting this error going through internet conncection at work.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /northeast-skiing-snowboarding-trip-reports/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8b DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at forums.alpinezone.com Port 80

This is not the typical blocking message that I get from McAffee getway software.
I am currently getting here from the home PC through logmein.

Any ideas why?

Glenn

Try cleaning things out...cache, temp internet history...ect.

Puck it

I didn't think it would work but tried the clean up. No luck. The error message is somewhat different. Can't ask the IT guys what it is. I think it ihas something to do with the McAffee Getwat software and the new server.

bvibert

Staff member

Puck it

Are you trying to get there from a bookmark? Greg recently disabled a script that he had been running which 'prettied' up the forum URLs (among other things) for search engine optimization. The URL the skiing and boarding TR sub forum used to be something like http://forums.alpinezone.com/northeast-skiing-snowboarding-trip-reports/, but it's now http://forums.alpinezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14. If you're not using a bookmark then try clearing out the cache as mentioned above.

Both links above give the same message. Cleaning up the cache did not work either.

I just tried to go the home page. I get McAffee blocking error. It is blocking me. Greg's change made the McAffee kick in. It nows comes up as an entertainment site and blocks me.

Here is the blocking message from the home page.

Your requested URL has been blocked by the McAfee Web Gateway URL Filter database module. The URL is listed in categories that are not allowed by your administrator at this time.
URL:
http://alpinezone.com/ (75.125.255.120)
User: - (10.10.28.106)
Policy: VSEA-Production
Categories: Entertainment (et)

Last edited:

Puck it

ideas:
- put a "www' in front of alpinezone.com
- try another browser
- try someone else's PC

Hey! How are you getting to the site to post your messages???

Doesn't work on my itouch either. I am beginning to think it is something that loads when the browser is lauched. The itouch gives me the same message. IT has not loaded anything on that.

I am posting through the home PC using a remote log in program.

bigbog

If you've upgraded Firefox? I've noticed several upgrades in add-ons needed....ie a few tweaks/customizing in Adblock's upgrades? for example. Adblock PLUS didn't have simple-handsoff defaults...wouldn't accept links 2 levels down into more than a few websites..needed checking to fix...fwiw
$.01

Last edited:

Puck it

I was initially thinking it might be a dns issue, but you're resolving to the right IP (75.125.255.120). Maybe they blocked something else that is also in the same range?

That is what I am thinking. When Epicski switched to their new site. It became blocked. Now with the server change AZ is blocked. I would like to understand how the blocking software works and what it looks for. The problem is AZ comes in as an entertainment site and the getway software blocks all entertainment sites. If it comes through as a sports site then I can just click through using the coaching button.

Anybody know what the blocking software is looking for?

dmc

Gateway is blocking the request for the address...
An address is an IP number that resolves to a name(www.abcd.com)

Nothing you can do about it.. Your use of Alpine Zone has been tracked blocked by the gateway...

Puck it

Gateway is blocking the request for the address...
An address is an IP number that resolves to a name(www.abcd.com)

Nothing you can do about it.. Your use of Alpine Zone has been tracked blocked by the gateway...

How does it determine what type of site it is from an IP address number? This is what I don't get. One day the site is fine then the next it is blocked as an entertainment site.

dmc

How does it determine what type of site it is from an IP address number? This is what I don't get. One day the site is fine then the next it is blocked as an entertainment site.

Mcafee generates and distributes a list of websites like it does for virus definitions...
The list is also added to by administrators that monitor usage.

The best way to check usage is to start with checking number of requests..
If you hit AZ 1000 times a day - it's going to be noticed...
A good admin will then log into AZ - see what it is and either allow of deny..

Apparently - you've been denied... I'd send some bagels to the IT Security guy... stat...

ComeBackMudPuddles

i wasn't able to log in for a couple of weeks! but, i'm BAAAAAAACK.

jack-nicholson-the-shining-photograph-c10101822jpeg.jpg

happy day! :beer:

i like the new smilie, too!!

:fangun: