• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Summit 2013

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
:idea:

What should be the criteria for having to wear this all weekend?

AZhelmet.jpg

(Wa-Loaf, saw this in your image gallery. Pretty sweet :lol: )

wa-loaf

I think I made that in a thread about prizes or giveaways at the summit.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Some weren't closer to metro Nyc, like Sugarbush and mini one at Platty.

You in the right place Scotty? :blink:

I have fired up the Scotty Translator 200SVW in order to help you, Waloaf. He really is saying:

I think that the Summit is a great thing. I wish I could attend, but being in New York City, the trip to Sugarloaf is simply too far. So I am wondering if a change in venue might be in order. Suppose that we had a Summit at Sugarbush, or perhaps a smaller one at Plattekill. Then folks like me can attend this wonderful even. I ask you to consider this, fine sir.

:lol:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Sugarloaf again next year?

No word yet but very likely.

PSA: I just finished the AZ summit video. It's not all that exciting since it's pretty much gopro groomer footage. It's rendering right now, should be ready in 4 - 5 hours (once I finish rendering it and then getting it posted up at vimeo or youtube).

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm going to throw this out there. Would anyone be interested in planning an AZ Utah Weekend/Trip for Alta and Snowbird? I might be able to help organize things.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I would love to, except i'm probably heading to Colorado next year to visit my sister and ski near Breckenridge.

If I didn't have a newborn baby (then ...) / had more vacation time / had more $$ I would love to do both haha

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to throw this out there. Would anyone be interested in planning an AZ Utah Weekend/Trip for Alta and Snowbird? I might be able to help organize things.

I would be very into this. Was thinking about hitting you up this upcoming winter regardless :lol: To have AZ gathering I think would be a lot of fun!

I would love to, except i'm probably heading to Colorado next year to visit my sister and ski near Breckenridge.

If I didn't have a newborn baby (then ...) / had more vacation time / had more $$ I would love to do both haha

:-D This makes me so happy! an AZ Breck/Vail Weekend/Trip would be something I could definitely help organize as well. VDK03 and I are finally getting involved and connected in this town.

JimG.

Staff member
Nothing against Sugarloaf, but I'd like to see the summit at another location this coming season too. I went to the first summit at Sugarloaf and the drive was almost too much to deal with. Over 8 hours each way. And I was fully aware of the thaw/freeze cycle that hit that weekend. We were pretty much stuck on frozen groomers all weekend. I had taken the whole week off in hopes of spending time at both Sugarloaf and Saddleback, but the big freeze was followed by downpours; I wound up leaving at noon on Monday after the summit ended because the weather was awful. I left feeling I never got a chance to really ski the mountain. Big disappointment.

The last 2 summits, especially this year's, were just too easy to blow off because of the drive. Sure, the weather can suck no matter where we plan a summit, but at least I will be psyched to show up anyway because the drive is more reasonable.

How about Sugarbush, MRG, or even Whiteface?

wa-loaf

I'm probably headed out that way next season anyway. So sure if it jives with my availability.