• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush - 4/22/2018

bdfreetuna

Last day I can ski this season due to surgery & life turned out pretty well, mainly thanks to Sugarbush keeping the flame alive in this never-ending winter.

I don't feel like writing a lengthy story, enjoy the photos and ski vicariously through them. The terrain at Sugarbush really suits me in spring. Frankly stuff like Paradise chutes or Rumble I would only ski powder or corn. So it turned out to be a great opportunity, as winter finally broke yesterday and today with blue skies was perfectly set up for corn harvest skiing with 100% of Gadd, Lincoln and Castlerock open. Woods totally in play, surfy luge tracks (that I love).

Such a beautiful day on fine terrain I took some decent pics.

Sugarbush-4-22_01.jpg

Sugarbush-4-22_02.jpg

Sugarbush-4-22_03.jpg

Sugarbush-4-22_04.jpg

nhskier1969

I agree Tuna, skiing was unbelievable at Sugarbush over the weekend. I was there with my wife. Here are a few pictures from Saturday going up Heavens gate. Also have a pic from skiing Paradise.
IMG_2302.jpg
IMG_2304.jpg
IMG_2305.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2300.jpg
    IMG_2300.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2304.jpg
    IMG_2304.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 180

SkiRay

Tuna - good luck with your surgery. Great photos and hard to think we all had winter at the tail end of April. What a fantastic weekend - and probably the most memorable Spring we have had.

Keep us posted with your recovery.

cdskier

Great pics and such an awesome weekend. I took about 300 on my camera but won't be able to download them and look at them until I get back home from this business trip on Wednesday.

Frosted trees, great coverage everywhere AND soft spring snow...just insane.

bdfreetuna

Tuna - good luck with your surgery.
Keep us posted with your recovery.

Thanks Ray... just an excision and stitches... on the leg, pretty straightforward stuff but trying to ski would be a bad idea in the short term. Who knows maybe in a couple weeks Killington will be worth another trip.

Very glad I had scheduled it for April 23 ... figured I'd be on the safe side for ski season!

Not surprised many A-zoners up there over the weekend. Those Saturday photos look amazing as well.

SkiRay

Heal up and come back stronger -next year we have to ski together.

Thanks Ray... just an excision and stitches... on the leg, pretty straightforward stuff but trying to ski would be a bad idea in the short term. Who knows maybe in a couple weeks Killington will be worth another trip.

Very glad I had scheduled it for April 23 ... figured I'd be on the safe side for ski season!

Not surprised many A-zoners up there over the weekend. Those Saturday photos look amazing as well.

Probably best to let it heal. I went to see my doctor about my right knee and he is surprised I am even walking let alone skiing bumps. He is pretty impressed and my next surgery, not sure when, will be knee replacement. Injured it multiple times and multiple surgeries and bad genetics (we all have those) make my right knee look worse than a 90 year olds. Fitness and grit is what is keeping me at it thus far.

We will be up again this weekend to wrap up our nearly 60 day season for me, 60 for my wife. I am off by a day due to work. We could have hit 70 this year which as a family would have been a record. Kids all have 1 million vert in them this year - well the last 5 seasons for sure.

cdskier

Some pics from this past weekend.

Ripcord Saturday morning:
DSC_0965.jpg
Lower Domino:
DSC_0972.jpg
CR Lift line about 9:45 before it opened on Saturday:
DSC_0983.jpg
Castlerock Run:
DSC_0025.jpg
Lower Lift Line at CR:
DSC_0030.jpg

cdskier

And some more...

Looks like mid-winter:
DSC_0031.jpg
View from the summit:
DSC_0084.jpg
Middle Earth Saturday afternoon:
DSC_0117.jpg

And now a couple from Sunday...

Steins:
DSC_0054.jpg
One more Middle Earth pic:
DSC_0112.jpg

cdskier

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for having essentially the perfect mountain ops plans for last weekend! I still can't stop thinking about how great this past weekend was. I plan to be up both the remaining two weekends, but have a strong feeling neither has any chance of topping last weekend.

teleo

Some more from SB last weekend.

1. Cat tracks on CR. Say whaaat?
CD I was in line about 2 people in front of you, to the right of the person with the grey coat in your pic.

2. Woods still in great shape.

3. Apres Sat.

9fa1cfab936d7ff126c9d382d5046beb.jpg
48d04ceb183221eb2d702e245075a854.jpg
1bc507dc5aa8f137e3b364748082ad01.jpg