• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 2.5.2012 - Superbowl Sunday

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I've gotta aim the camera up a bit more, I was playing with the position a bit. Sorry if anyone gets nautious :)

speden

How do you like the Atomics in the bumps? I've got the same skis, but they are a little too unwieldy for my skill level in the bumps. I'm thinking of trying some smaller more nimble skis in the bumps until I get the hang of it.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah they are a little weightier than I would like in the bumps, but it's a compromise I made as I am currently on a 1-quiver setup and I wanted something versatile for the whole mountain. Overall, I like 'em, they probably aren't the best at any one thing but are pretty decent everywhere :)

It's my first season on them - Atomic Crimson Ti's, picked up in the late fall over at Suburban Sport.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Also: I cut down the video quite a bit .. I took almost 30 min of video and clipped it to that 4 minutes. Was kinda surprised that by the end the gopro was almost completely out of battery, after 2 1/2 hrs on the slopes.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
They weren't too bad, a couple spots but much better than the week earlier when I went.

Frannies Folly ones were definitely icier but the gentler pitch made them manageable as well. I enjoyed the 10th ones overall.

speden

I think you mean the bumps on Hitchcock. I've never seen bumps on Frannie's; they usually put a mini park on Frannie's.

powhunter

Nice report and vid! Thanks for the heads up on the moguls..WaWa is a fine institution..Today was my first time, and had a great day..bluebird and in the high 40s..Didnt have a patriot jersey, but the ticket lady let me slide for the $21 lift ticket anyway..Almost springlike snow all over the mountain...Moguls on hitchcock and tenth started to soften up by 1 or so. Spent the rest of the day lapping the bumps..Tenth had the best bumps..Spacing was perfect...Good vibe as well!

Steveo

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
awesome vid!! New helmet looks good! Nice transitions and looked good in the bumps. sweet poles :wink: