• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Copper 2/13

rocojerry

I have been to Colorado and Summit County a few times before.. Usual suspects are Vail, Breckenridge, Arapahoe Basin -- this time I added a new mountain to the mix, Copper. About 10 minute drive from where we were staying in Frisco, we really lucked out with some fantastic conditions and lots of powder to be had (4-5" new on top of seemingly 7+ from prior snowfalls....)

6872851011_658f29024e_z_d.jpg

6872626291_61b3429777_z_d.jpg

6872619279_b43be2fe5e_z_d.jpg

6872612463_2c3d1558f5_z_d.jpg

Trailmap

We tried to see as much of the mountain as we could -- making our way over to Timberline early for some blue warmups... It was my first true powder day of the season, and I had a giant grin and was unbelievably excited about the conditions --

My favorite trails of the day were Far East near the Alpine doublechair, and finding our way through some trees onto an untracked powder paradise trail.... I-dropper and Little Burn provided some fresh track bump runs --

Next time I'd like to check out the Resolution lift(Spaulding) area and Copper Bowl-- I really liked Copper, and hope to come back next time I'm in the area.

speden

Looks like you had nice conditions. Might have been a good day to try the bowls. I liked the Copper bowl area when I went there a couple years ago around the Blackjack lift. I liked Copper more than Vail since it was much less crowded.

avery

Definitely the best day of this trip. And very possibly one of my best days skiing since RocoJerry reintroduced me to it in December 2008.

Cannonball

Sweet!!! Nice find on Far East. I used to work at Copper and that was always a gem that held snow for days. Very few people hit it because it means a trek away from everything else. Spaulding (including the trees at the bottom skiers right, instead of the usual runout to the left) is must if you find yourself back there.