• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush 3/2

rocojerry

Crowded for a friday today at Sugarbush... Lines to get lift tickets, but Castlerock really was the only time I waited a bit to get on the lift.... Introducing a friend to Sugarbush, and his first day on the slopes in a few year and my 15+, the mountain kicked his ass..

With 5-6 new, most of the trails were surprisingly pretty tracked out... and I was hoping the underneath surface was burried by last weekends storm, but there were still some signs of ice, but the occasional rock or stump....
6801439074_1a585d8dcd_b.jpg

We started the day out on Sleeper(nice as usual), then did Sunrise (bumps had snow but ski'd off in between). Lower sleeper woods was a bit scratchy up top, but towards the bottom where it opens up it was nice -- some stumps to be cautious of though.
Birch Run had some nice snow, then we headed off to Castlerock....

Longest liftline of the day, but headed up and took Castlerock down... keep an eye out for glades on either side, found some DEEP snow and it made my day. The reason why I woke up at 4:30am to head north...
6801438934_800d5e8854_b.jpg

Murphys Glade, Snowball and Eden were fun... along with some other woods we found.
6801438782_360fc3c01f_b.jpg

occasional ninja sappling chopping was required
6801438472_8d0bd7c603_b.jpg

6947546805_60670d44a3_b.jpg

Paradise had some nice bumps, but some sections required caution--
6947546265_4068d62643_b.jpg

Last edited:

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Nice pics! This week is Vermont school vacation week as well as a chunk of NH. Normally busier then a typical post holiday week but not nearly as busy during the the holiday week. I think the new snow brought out alot of pent up demand as well. Powder tends to do that lol

reefer

Nice! Sign up the new recruit................good job getting him back out there, he deserves his ass kicked.
I've noticed Fridays more crowded with more people coming up for the extra day, especially when it snows. I'm guilty as charged, doing more Fiday/Saturdays if I can.