• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

weblog from jay peak

skiadikt

apologize if this was posted somewhere else but a great blog by steve wright at jay peak:

Part of me wants to say that the decision to make snow was a well thought out, strategic plan because it makes us sound smarter than we actually are but, as with many things up here, it was pretty knee jerk. Snow wise, the season has pretty much sucked but, in all honesty, we’ve made enough money so that making a few bad decisions this late in the season won’t shutter our doors. Really, when this boils, it’s a nod to our season pass holders- the ones we have now and, sure, the ones we may pick up as a result of holding our brand to the fire. When you commit an entire season to one business—not just your cash but, more importantly your time, making some snow and staying open a few extra weeks as acknowledgment isn’t exactly an act of heroism on our part; based on who we are and how we’ve positioned ourselves, we’d be stupid not to. Still, there’s something about everyone here being excited to do it, that makes me proud to work here.

here's the link to entire blog:
http://weblog.jaypeakresort.com/?p=1749

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yeah, Steve and JPR certainly are class acts when it comes to goodwill and customer service.

TheBEast

One of the reasons I love the place. Can't wait. Leaving tonight for 4 days up there seeing what kind of fun we can find!!

TheBEast

Hope you post a TR with pics....

I'll see what I can do about the pics. Not exactly sure how to work that from my iPhone, but will try to get a trip report up. I'm expecting some fast and firm conditions at least Thu/Fri with hopefully some softening Sat/Sun.

Annual Beach Party there on Saturday so not sure how much afternoon skiing will be had....

:snow:
:beer:

bobbutts

I'll see what I can do about the pics. Not exactly sure how to work that from my iPhone, but will try to get a trip report up. I'm expecting some fast and firm conditions at least Thu/Fri with hopefully some softening Sat/Sun.

Annual Beach Party there on Saturday so not sure how much afternoon skiing will be had....

:snow:
:beer:

ask siri?