• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush - March 31 - April 1, 2012

WWF-VT

Sugarbush - March 31 & April 1, 2012
Conditions: flurries in the AM on Saturday, sunny later – temps in the 40’s. Sunday was sunny in the AM , clouds later
Season ending soft snow, some hardpack, Steins was better on Sunday

I skied at Sugarbush on Thanksgiving which was the opening day back in November and this weekend was my last – and likely the end of the season for Sugarbush.

On Saturday , Sugarbush was kind enough to run the “ Lincoln Limo” to open up skiing on Spring Fling

picture.php

Good coverage, soft snow on Spring Fling
picture.php

I only did one run on Spring Fling. There was a line for the Limo until they shut I down when the snow got too soft around 2:30.

Snow mostly gone on The Mall
picture.php

Steins was full cover, nice skiing until it refroze when the temps dropped late in the day:

picture.php

picture.php

There was a well attended rail jam on the park features built at the base of Spring Fling. Overall Saturday was a good day but no where near the crowd and enthusiasm from closing day last May 1st.

Here’s a picture late in the day on March 31 of what was left at Mt Ellen. Last year Mt Ellen closed on last weekend in March with almost 100% terrain open.

picture.php

I skied 38 days this year, 35 at Sugarbush in all kinds of conditions. Let’s hope for a better season next winter !

thetrailboss

Staff member
Nice pictures. It is sad to think that not too long ago Sugarbush was the king of spring and stayed open late, but that's what happens when you have a lot more snow to work with.

I can't believe how much is gone at ME from your pics. That is really telling. They got burned on both ends.