• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mountain: AZ Challenge-2006 Response/Feedback Thread

Greg

Staff member
Great job, Matt! I like what I've read here. Hopefully, Magic will be blessed with some extended cold weather and natural snow soon. When the natural falls, you can bet I'll be there!

thebigo

Good responses, if it ever snows this year I will be checking out the new magic.

The link to Magic.com also does not work.

Anybody know what 'northshore style' moutain biking is?

roark

I don't know the mtn yet, but I do have a pass this year. Anyone who wants to meet up for some turns feel free to drop me a line.

Sorcerer

bingo! Its a bike trail that is full of wooden and natural obstacles that tests the riders skills.

dave

From Wikipedia

North Shore Mountain Biking originated in the hilly, slick, rocky terrain of Vancouver, Canada's north shore, thus it was coined "north shore" riding. Because of the almost, if not completely unridable terrain, riders began building bridges over swampy or muddy areas. These bridges evolved into complex, oftentimes extremely challenging, man-made stunts. Because stunts are often narrow and may require the rider to move very slowly regardless of width, north shore riding requires immense balance and bike handling skills. North shore bikes, such as those by manufacturer Norco are much like freeride bikes in their geometry and downhill bikes in their componentry makeup. Because north shore stunts have evolved to not only include simple and complex bridges but also large drops and high speed descents through a series of stunts north shore bikes commonly have as much travel as downhill and freeride bikes.

One of these trails starts between Talisman and Sorcerer and goes down to Wizzard. If that's not extreme for biking (also glade skiing if the snows ever come) nothing is.

eatskisleep

Good responses, if it ever snows this year I will be checking out the new magic.

The link to Magic.com also does not work.

Anybody know what 'northshore style' moutain biking is?

oilcan_f.jpg