• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

HUNTER MOUNTAIN: AZ Challenge 2007 Response/Feedback Thread

Tin Woodsman

Where's the beef?

No and real estate were pretty much the only answers provided.

millerm277

Yeah, all I got out of it was. "Don't expect anything significant anytime soon".

And obviously, I think there isn't a single person in the world that would agree with this being a good strategy "We've really kept our focus on new product offerings rather than on-mountain improvements (other than real estate, of course)."

Not blaming Jessica, as she obviously doesn't make the decisions, but disappointing moves by Hunter.

dmc

The statement is not unexpected.. At least by me...

Chances are there's all kinds of stuff happening.. But they just dont want anyone to know about it until it's set in place totally..

JimG.

Staff member
The statement is not unexpected.. At least by me...

Chances are there's all kinds of stuff happening.. But they just dont want anyone to know about it until it's set in place totally..

I'm not sure what people expect anymore. I try not to use the word.

All I care about is that Hunter blows their usual great snow and they cover 47-52 trails for me to ski on from mid-November to mid-April. I've not been disappointed in 20 years.

catskills

Jessica thank you for your responses. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to sometimes difficult questions. Hunter is a great place and getting better all the time. The snowmakers did one hell of a job last year considering mother nature did not help very much.

May 2007-2008 be deep with snow and no niar until April.

I am of the opinion that the Catskills are actually a great place to plan a ski vacation months in advance. The probability of getting BAD conditions is lower than out west. Your probability of getting GREAT conditions (1+ foot powder dump) is also lower than out west. Your probability of getting medium good inbounds snow conditions is very good assuming it does not niar because of the awesome snow making equipment Hunter and other ski areas have here in the Catskills. Most ski areas out west don't make a lot of snow, which means out west ski areas are almost completely dependent on mother nature.

BTW don't think it can't niar on your ski vacation out west. We arrive in Jackson Hole last week in January a few years ago and it nair for three days. Then it got real cold for a day. :( Finally it started to SNOW :)

Last edited: