• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite Hot Sauce

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Anyone have any hot sauces that they really like?

I have a few...

When my wife went to Mexico a few years back (in January...so I went to Killington) she brought me back two pepper sauces that are really good, but I'm running out.

Valentia Salsa Picante - not very spicy or hot, but loaded with great pepper flavor.
amigofoods_2049_18891153

Lol-Tun Salsa De Chile De Arbol - again, not very powerful in terms of head, but hotter than the Valentia. Awesome flavor. My favorite.(Note, couldn't find a pic of the De Arbol so put up a pic of the Haranaro by the same company)
Lol%20Tun%20Salsa%20de%20Chile%20Habanero%20Roja.png

Cholula, easy to get in the US, probabily the hottest of the three, great on beef and eggs.
amigofoods_2053_79538928

drjeff

Not quite sure what brand these are, but I'm intrigues to say the least ;) :rolleyes:

cartelttfrack.jpg

Seriously though, my favorites tend to be Root's already mentioned Cholula and Texas Pete's stuff

TexasPeteHotSauces.jpg

Tends to give the right balance of heat + flavor for the taste buds in my mouth :)

ERJ-145CA

I like Cholula the best and my wife really likes Tropical Pepper Co. Scotch Bonnet Carribean Pepper Sauce (very hot). I like it too but I still like Cholula the best.

Grassi21

I use Siriacha like salt and pepper.

Love this stuff...

I am also a Cholula fan. Easy to find.

One of my all time favorites is Ring of Fire. It seems to have more flavor than your average vinegar/hot pepper combos.

1.jpg

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
I haven't met a hot sause I didn't like although not a fan of the super super hot as there is too much heat with little flavor for my taste buds. The Cholula tastes great, Texas Pete's is awesome. Lately I have been consuming alot of Frank's Hot Wing Sause...very tasty as well. Louisianna Hot Sause is fav as well.

I have watched a few episodes of Man vs Food where the guy has eaten some unreal hot foods.

Dr Skimeister

Not that it's my favorite hot sauce, but the thread reminds me of spending some time in New Iberia, LA when I was in vet school. I was doing work at the Delta Primate Research Center, which is located a short distance from the Tabasco factory. Within minutes of arriving there, my eyes would be watering and I'd be salivating with the effervescence of hot sauce in the air.

Tabasco sauce isn't bad, either.

Grassi21

I haven't met a hot sause I didn't like although not a fan of the super super hot as there is too much heat with little flavor for my taste buds. The Cholula tastes great, Texas Pete's is awesome. Lately I have been consuming alot of Frank's Hot Wing Sause...very tasty as well. Louisianna Hot Sause is fav as well.

I have watched a few episodes of Man vs Food where the guy has eaten some unreal hot foods.

+1 on the Franks Hot Wing Sauce. I have been marinating and skewering boneless/skinless chicken breast chunks and cooking them on the grill. Not exactly buffalo wings but they are quite tasty.

hammer

Don't have a favorite, but I've had Cholula and it's pretty good. There's also a Jalapeno sauce from Trader Joe's that I like to get.

Just bought some of this stuff, the chipotle peppers give this sauce a nice flavor

hotsauceworld_2051_3669718

I have some of this in my fridge...too much heat to put directly on eggs, but it's good to put a drop in chili if I really want to heat things up:

hotsauceworld_2053_86023774

Hottest I've had was Dave's Insanity...I know that there's hotter, but it was way too hot for me to get any flavor out of it.

ctenidae

Tobasco is all purpose for me, love the Siriacha. Panola makes some good stuff, too.

My younger brother would be happy to see the love for the Texas Pete's. They're one of his biggest clients.

Hawkshot99

Valentia Salsa Picante - not very spicy or hot, but loaded with great pepper flavor.
amigofoods_2049_18891153

Used to use the stuff like crazy. I would get it at the mexican grocery store. A real mexican grocery, were all signs are in spanish and such.

Drank a bottle of it once for a dare!:lol:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Seriously though, my favorites tend to be Root's already mentioned Cholula and Texas Pete's stuff

TexasPeteHotSauces.jpg

Tends to give the right balance of heat + flavor for the taste buds in my mouth :)
I picked up a 12oz bottle of Texas Pete at the supermarket last night for a whoppin $1.29. Great stuff! This one I'll keep on my desk at work.

Thanks!

ctenidae

I picked up a 12oz bottle of Texas Pete at the supermarket last night for a whoppin $1.29. Great stuff! This one I'll keep on my desk at work.

Thanks!

Texas Pete. Made in Winston-Salem, NC.
And not sold in Texas.

Still, good stuff.

drjeff

Thanks!

That's an added bonus I've found of Texas Pete's. Tastes pretty good, has decent heat and it's cheap, so you don't feel guilty if you're experimenting with a new recipe and happen to screw it up ;)

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not a hot sauce fan AT ALL.

It's not that I dislike heat, I just want it to go away almost immediately after I finish the bite. I LOVE Wasabi and Horseradish, but don't do 'peppery hot'.