• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2009-10 Thread

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
2 hours work for 2 free Whaleback tickets

"Earn Your Turns" Now through the end of September on selected Sundays:

"Trail Clearing and Creation at Whaleback 1-3PM Volunteering is a great way to get some FREE skiing. Join us to help clear and build trails. We will be meeting on the deck at 1pm to head up on the hill to trim the areas that our mighty John Deere cannot reach. Those that have weed whackers with cutting blades or a chainsaw will be most helpful. Anybody that gives a few hours of honest labor gets 2 vouchers for skiing and riding at your local mountain, Whaleback! "

An adult weekend all-day ticket went for $40 last year.

Checkout web site calendar for dates:
http://www.whaleback.com

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Mad River work days - Work all day, get free ticket

http://www.treeskier.com/mrg/index.html

2009 Schedule:

Saturday, August 15
Hike Regeneration Zone maintenance
Saturday, August 29
Hike Regeneration Zone maintenance
Sunday, September 27
Lift Line Maintenance
Saturday, October 10
Hike Line Maintenance
Saturday, October 24
Hike Line Maintenance
  • Report at 9 am in the Base Area at the Cricket Club picnic table.
  • We're back down at 3:30 - 4 pm.
  • Most of the time we hike from the base, so be prepared to hike.
  • We always go, rain or shine. If it is raining, it is more of an adventure.

icedtea

"Earn Your Turns" Now through the end of September on selected Sundays:

"Trail Clearing and Creation at Whaleback 1-3PM Volunteering is a great way to get some FREE skiing. Join us to help clear and build trails. We will be meeting on the deck at 1pm to head up on the hill to trim the areas that our mighty John Deere cannot reach. Those that have weed whackers with cutting blades or a chainsaw will be most helpful. Anybody that gives a few hours of honest labor gets 2 vouchers for skiing and riding at your local mountain, Whaleback! "

An adult weekend all-day ticket went for $40 last year.

Checkout web site calendar for dates:
http://www.whaleback.com

That is sweet, more resorts should do this.

legalskier

Mountain Creek rolls back preseason All Access Pass price to 2001 rate
Buy now and get their All Access Pass for $299 (one price for all ages). That's $100 off the in-season price - and the same price they charged in 2001.
There's more: Buy 4 All Access Passes together as a group and pay $289 each.
Mountain Creek is too crowded for me on weekends, but I enjoy mid week visits. If you feel the same way, look into the 5x7 Plus Pass. It costs $199 for all ages and valid Monday-Friday all day and night (Yes, Mountain Creek offers night skiing and riding); and weekends beginning at 3 p.m. A 5x7 Plus Pass holder can buy discounted $25 lift tickets on weekend days.”

http://blog.nj.com/skiing/2009/08/mountain_creek_rolls_back_pres.html#more

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Mountain Creek rolls back preseason All Access Pass price to 2001 rate
Buy now and get their All Access Pass for $299 (one price for all ages). That's $100 off the in-season price - and the same price they charged in 2001.
There's more: Buy 4 All Access Passes together as a group and pay $289 each.
Mountain Creek is too crowded for me on weekends, but I enjoy mid week visits. If you feel the same way, look into the 5x7 Plus Pass. It costs $199 for all ages and valid Monday-Friday all day and night (Yes, Mountain Creek offers night skiing and riding); and weekends beginning at 3 p.m. A 5x7 Plus Pass holder can buy discounted $25 lift tickets on weekend days.”

http://blog.nj.com/skiing/2009/08/mountain_creek_rolls_back_pres.html#more

I've had the 5x7 the past two years, and just upgraded to the All Access Pass this year. As for the weekend crowds, it's packed until 4-5pm, and then the place empties out. That's your best shot to ski some NJ powder (ie. skiing freshies under the guns).

Skimaven

Website
www.skimaven.com

icedtea

I've had the 5x7 the past two years, and just upgraded to the All Access Pass this year. As for the weekend crowds, it's packed until 4-5pm, and then the place empties out. That's your best shot to ski some NJ powder (ie. skiing freshies under the guns).

I think in 2002-2003 I was at Creek in a fresh 14" or so. It was a bunch of fun and empty..the roads were horrible getting there. This was when you could still park in that old church by South Mtn.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I think in 2002-2003 I was at Creek in a fresh 14" or so. It was a bunch of fun and empty..the roads were horrible getting there. This was when you could still park in that old church by South Mtn.

I thought I was going to have a day like that last year. I woke up, and there was already 5" on the ground and it was still coming down hard so I called in sick to work. I got to the mountain, skied down to Granite Peak, and on the way up the lift, it changed to rain. It was awful, like skiing in wet concrete.

jaytrem

The list of the Descente Free Tix is out now...

http://www.descente.com/product/271018/D0-8341/_/Big_Lines_Jacket

Looks like new areas are Windham, Sunday River/Sugarloaf, Sundance, Arizona Snowbowl.

Lost are Okemo, Seven Springs, Mt Bachelor (though they forgot to list them last year). Bummed about Okemo sincer that's a nice one to use when my Mt Snow pass is blacked out. But it'll be nice to get back up to Sunday River or Sugarloaf if I can.

If you can get around I think this is the best deal in skiing. Combine it with a the Park City Quickstart program and you can ski 3.5 in Utah for free. Winter Park, Copper, A-basin is nice set too. I'll be heading to BC/AT again this year so will use Sun Peaks, Big White, Silver Star and Kicking Horse. Maybe sneak a little time in at Norquay and the Olympic Park. Good stuff!!!

Could one of the mods please make this thread sticky? Thanks.

gores95

The list of the Descente Free Tix is out now...

http://www.descente.com/product/271018/D0-8341/_/Big_Lines_Jacket

Looks like new areas are Windham, Sunday River/Sugarloaf, Sundance, Arizona Snowbowl.

Lost are Okemo, Seven Springs, Mt Bachelor (though they forgot to list them last year). Bummed about Okemo sincer that's a nice one to use when my Mt Snow pass is blacked out. But it'll be nice to get back up to Sunday River or Sugarloaf if I can.

If you can get around I think this is the best deal in skiing. Combine it with a the Park City Quickstart program and you can ski 3.5 in Utah for free. Winter Park, Copper, A-basin is nice set too. I'll be heading to BC/AT again this year so will use Sun Peaks, Big White, Silver Star and Kicking Horse. Maybe sneak a little time in at Norquay and the Olympic Park. Good stuff!!!

Could one of the mods please make this thread sticky? Thanks.

Great deal...thanks for posting! I am looking at one of their jackets. Since they are a European company I was wondering if they ran true to size. I am normally a large.

jaytrem

Great deal...thanks for posting! I am looking at one of their jackets. Since they are a European company I was wondering if they ran true to size. I am normally a large.

Last year I got a large and it fit me perfectly. I'm about 5' 10' and an in-shape 175.

Last year some of the tickets have blackout dates, not many though, maybe 5 or 6 out of the 40+. I used Okemo (not in this years program), Jay and Bretton on Pres weekend last year. Had no problem redeeming them at all.

Glad to help, hopefully a lot of folks here can take advantage.

Tyrolean_skier

For those that like to ski Windham:

The Triple Play Card is back

One of Windham Mountain's most popular winter products is being offered again for a limited time. The Triple Play Card gives you three days of skiing - or nights, if you prefer - for just $99. That's about half the usual cost for getting on the slopes. Once you have the card, you can skip the ticket line and bring it directly to the lift. It can be used any day in the 2009-10 season except December 26-January 2, January 16-18 and February 13-21.

It's a great present for yourself or a friend, relative, colleague or employee. But don't delay: the Triple Play Card is only on sale through Labor Day.

frozencorn

Last year I got a large and it fit me perfectly. I'm about 5' 10' and an in-shape 175.

Last year some of the tickets have blackout dates, not many though, maybe 5 or 6 out of the 40+. I used Okemo (not in this years program), Jay and Bretton on Pres weekend last year. Had no problem redeeming them at all.

Glad to help, hopefully a lot of folks here can take advantage.

Yeah, I'm digging this deal. In the market for a new jacket anyway, and I like this one from what I see, even without the tickets, though, I won't lie, that's the kicker.

wa-loaf

Sierraskis.com is having a big sale (i.e. Watea 84's for $247). Although their website seems to be a bit f'ed up right now ...