• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thunderbolt Race - Saturday February 20th

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The race is in full gear. It promises to be a BIG DEAL with a very large crowd. 75th anniversary. You should seriously consider coming out for the day to watch - it is a very historic race. I'll be there as a timing volunteer.

Thunderbolt trail was cut by the CCC on Greylock Mountain in the northern Berkshires of Massachusetts.

Saturday, February 20, 2010.
Great article in Berkshire Living

All the poop is here

Race_Day_Map_2.gif

Chris Sullivan

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
I have been hearing a lot of talk about this race locally. A group of Sundown Patrollers are heading up to compete and volunteer. It sounds like a lot of fun.

TheBEast

I got on the waitlist, but I think my likelihood of getting in the race is pretty slim at this point. This thing sold out QUICK!

WJenness

I hope they get a few good storms before then... Looks pretty bony in skidmarks' pictures... Who knows what shape it would be in for the folks heading out post 2:00PM

-w

bigschuss

Not including the time it takes to skin up the mountain in your race time = lame.

Not really knowing what you are talking about but thinking you do = equally lame

The ascent IS part of the event. We have a 19 inch trophy waiting for the person who is the fastest UP and Down waiting.

3 weeks to go....and we definitely need snow! The course is unskiable from top to bottom right now. Snow dance anybody?

Just FYI: Revised Race Day Maps....(edit...are these showing up, can't see them on my screen?)

DCR.jpg

DCR2.jpg

DCR3.jpg

DCR4.jpg

DCR6.jpg

DCR5.jpg

Last edited: