• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mountain 01-30/31-10

dmc

What a difference a few days make..
Mondays storm was huge - created bare spots and sinkholes all over the hill...
Without missing a beat Hunter groomed the place out and filled in the holes. then fired up the snowguns..

Yesterday the run of the day was Claires.. Snowmaking was intense - soft blower - refreashies... Big GS turns in soft soft snow.. Hardly an icy spot or storm damage to be found. Upper Xover was great too! Everyone i talked to was pretty stoked..

Today the place bumped up... Claires had insane bumps all the way down still soft the whole way.. 42nd street had sweet snowmaking bumps for the intermediate set... Racers Edge was bumped all the way down too..

The bumps are back... We're all anxious to see how tomorrow pans out and whats going to get groomed..

Classic 2 days on the hill...

Shredder of Gnar

What a difference a few days make..
Mondays storm was huge - created bare spots and sinkholes all over the hill...
Without missing a beat Hunter groomed the place out and filled in the holes. then fired up the snowguns..

Yesterday the run of the day was Claires.. Snowmaking was intense - soft blower - refreashies... Big GS turns in soft soft snow.. Hardly an icy spot or storm damage to be found. Upper Xover was great too! Everyone i talked to was pretty stoked..

Today the place bumped up... Claires had insane bumps all the way down still soft the whole way.. 42nd street had sweet snowmaking bumps for the intermediate set... Racers Edge was bumped all the way down too..

The bumps are back... We're all anxious to see how tomorrow pans out and whats going to get groomed..

Classic 2 days on the hill...

That's great to hear DMC! Maybe a call to Skip would be in order, but it doesns't sound like he's the ultimate decision maker...

dmc

That's great to hear DMC! Maybe a call to Skip would be in order, but it doesns't sound like he's the ultimate decision maker...

Took a look at the hill just now... Racers and Ike are still ungroomed...

JimG.

Staff member
Took a look at the hill just now... Racers and Ike are still ungroomed...

This weekend was awesome.

I've been a Hunter regular for 30 years and I'm still amazed at what they can do with their snowmaking.

On Saturday, Upper Xover was a glazed icy mess when they turned the guns on at about 11am. By 2:30 pm we were whooping it up on powder bumps straight down the middle of the trail.

Just awesome.