• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

21 November 05 Wachusett Visit

Phildozer

Dropped off the new skis at Wachusett today to get 'em mounted and waxed. Hopefully I'll be able to do them justice!

Fairly decent coverage remaining on the slopes after the warm day today. Some bare spots on lower Conifer Connection but the upper mountain looks solid. Challenger on the other hand doesn't look so good. It'll certainly take longer to get that covered as it was looking like spots under the guns and that's about it.

New dug-in pipe for those of you that like that kind of thing.

The men's room was completely renovated. Hopefully it won't smell like a swamp once in-use like it did in previous years.

Zand

Good to hear the snow is holding up. I hope the rain doesn't kill it too much tomorrow. Friday is a-comin. Maybe they'll open more than just Challenger and Conifer with the cold temps and snow forecasted after tomorrow. I'd love to ski Balance Rock in November. :p

Phildozer

If it is *really* rainy tomorrow and marginal snowmaking on Wednesday and Thursday, I'd be surprised if they open on Friday.

My guess is Saturday or Sunday.

Zand

We saw last week what just 2 nights of snowmaking does. They easily could've opened Conifer. This week, they'll have leftover snow from last week, 3 LONGER nights of snowmaking, and probably 6" of natural snow by Friday. Plus, I was promised by both the ski patrol and customer service it's happening Friday. It's on. :lol: See you in line at 8:30 of you go.

Phildozer

We did see what two nights of snowmaking can do but based on the weather forecast, we'll be losing snow tonight and Tuesday. Wednesday is looking decent but chances are that Thursday will be a mixed bag and if that is what happens, they won't be making snow due to high humidity and marginal temps.

I bet you a frosty malt beverage at the Copper Top they open on Saturday instead of Friday.

Either way, I win. :D

Zand

Tuesday Night: Cloudy. Low 20.
Wednesday: Cloudy. High 31.
Wednesday Night: Light Snow developing. Low 26.
Thursday: Snow, 3-5". High 32.
Thursday Night: Snow tapering off. Low 21.

If they can't open with that forecast for Friday, I'll be disappointed in them.

They'll turn on the guns tomorrow at 9 PM, leave them on till 9 AM Wednesday. Back on at 4PM until 8 AM Thursday. 3-5" of natural fall, then the guns come back on at 5 PM Thursday.

I'll also be back up there next Monday. I've never skiied in November in my life, so I'm happy I am finally beat that goal, Friday or not (although it WILL be Friday :wink: )