• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A-Basin, 10/15/07

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Well... day one for 2007/08 is under my belt. An overall fun day. Not much to say... only one trail open. But quite a lot of cover. Skied some naturally formed side-trail kickers like bumps... probably pissed off all of the hotshots who thought they were cool getting 6 inches of air off of them :wink: Anyway... here are some pix:

abasin1.jpg

abasin2.jpg

abasin3.jpg

abasin4.jpg

abasin6.jpg

abasinbase.jpg

And me:

meabasin.jpg

millerm277

Whatever trail it is to the right of the open one in the first pic, looks like it should be open.....was it covered completely, and if so...did you ski it?

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Whatever trail it is to the right of the open one in the first pic, looks like it should be open.....was it covered completely, and if so...did you ski it?

It was actually really rocky (way more so than the pic would suggest). Not quite skiable yet. Soon.

snoseek

You lucky bastard!!! my girlfriend was up there today(just passing through, apartment hunting). 3 weeks and we finally make the voyage. I can't F%^$$ wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snoseek

wow it starts to become real snowseek. Did you get a pass anywhere yet? How about a job if you chose to have one.

I have to buy my pass in person, so not yet. I won't worry about the job thing till spring.

skiadikt

It was actually really rocky (way more so than the pic would suggest). Not quite skiable yet. Soon.

exhibition(under the lift) ... that trail is usually rocky even when we're out during presidents week. very rare when there are no rocks showing.

bvibert

Staff member
Now I really hate you! First you get to partake in TWO haul rope splices and then you top it off with a day of skiing!!!! :angry:

JK, Nice work. I am very jealous though!!

RIDEr

Website
www.hobokenskiclub.com
A Basin vs Loveland is the West Coast version of the Catskill's Belleayre vs Hunter on when they will be first open... BUT, on a bigger scale.

A Basin certainly timed their snow guns right... ended up with a few storms a day or two after they started when probably left a good starting base.

Congrats on getting out there... I'll be there in late January and staying in Breck...