• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Another reasons to dislike a band member of Metallica. (Hiking,Yes Hiking,Related.)

roark

Disclaimer to my previous post, the bass is lacking on the new album. I'm not a fan of Robert Trujillo.
I haven't heard much of the new stuff but always liked his stuff with Suicidal Tendencies and (especially) Infectious Grooves. But that was 10+ years ago. Plus like Cliff Burton, he doesn't use a pick. Newsted = suck. You can hardly pick out the bass in most of Justice.

ed-drum

Metallica stinks. They were the ones who initiated the bootlegging and downloading ban on music on the internet. Maybe that's because there record sales slumped because nobody was buying their crappy records anymore. Other "celebrities" have done the same thing. Jackie Kennedy Onassis used to do the same thing when people walked on "her" beachfront on Martha's Vinyard. Beaches are federal land. And I am NOT a Heavy Metal fan exclusively!

cbcbd

I haven't heard much of the new stuff but always liked his stuff with Suicidal Tendencies and (especially) Infectious Grooves.
Infectious Grooves is/was awesome and his work on it was funkalistic.

Haven't/don't intend to listen to any new Metallica, though, so can't compare.

roark

Yes.

Suicidal Tendencies kicked ass as well.

But if you like bass...

No, I can't find a good example, but anyone who knows Norwood...
Norwood from Fishbone. One of the best shows I ever saw... At the Warfield in San Francisco... Angelo pulled me on stage where I dorked around for awhile before diving back into the crowd and immediately catching Fish's drumstick (and get this... I caught a stick from the opening act as well - no shit).

Bonin' in the Boneyard is a ridiculous bass tune.

Paul

Norwood from Fishbone. One of the best shows I ever saw... At the Warfield in San Francisco... Angelo pulled me on stage where I dorked around for awhile before diving back into the crowd and immediately catching Fish's drumstick (and get this... I caught a stick from the opening act as well - no shit).

Bonin' in the Boneyard is a ridiculous bass tune.

Yeah, there aren't any good youtube Bonin' vids. Either bad quality, later line-ups, or both.

Although Norwood has been the one constant.