• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Article on Ken Holmes in Boston Globe Magazine

MtnMagic

I just read it. One of the most informative and saddest articles I've read. Now I know the story behind to story. Thank you for posting it.

Mike P.

Thanks Mike, I'll read it later. Seems more this year has been made of the families left behind. Kind of deflates the argument about dying doing something you love, the key word is die. While Guy Waterman apparently had discussed it with his wife, none of the recent deaths have the same circumstances. If anything, Guy has been reunited with his boys.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
dying doing something you love...

Interestingly enough, after extensive debate on various boards about whether or not that's an appropriate feeling or statement to make, Russell Cox said exactly that about Brenda's passing.

MtnMagic

dying doing something you love...

I've read the debates. When I read those exact words in the article from Russell, I just shook my head in amazement. I still don't know whether to agree or disagree. He was there so that's his feeling. He'll remember that fatal hike and Brenda for the rest of his life. It is just so tragic and sad.

Mike P.

As someone far waway from a nursing home, I'd rather go as Guy did when it's time to go. See me in 40 years to see If I still agree. Being bedridden seeing Grandchildren may not be so bad....????