• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Backyard TR 12/20/08

danny p

Date(s) Skied: Saturday 12/20/08

Resort or Ski Area: Backyard

Conditions: 12" pow

Trip Report: Hit up some sweet backcountry in my backyard yesterday morning. There are some hiking trails back there and any of those that had enough pitch were like riding on resort trails, but they were far and few between. So I hiked up and down the property until I found some nice natural gladed runs. Awesome pow, some good lines considering the only trail maintenance in the off season was my landlord letting some goats thin all the brush. If I renew my lease I'm gonna set up some real sweet runs this summer. Natural log slides/jibs and plenty of rollers to get airs off of. It's still dumping here now so I'm hoping to get back out there in a little bit. I only got a couple pictures, which don't do it much justice, but fun to look at nonetheless.

nice wide open pow trail
wideopenpow.jpg

nice rolling hills (a little brush, but whatever)
rollinghills.jpg

some tracks
trax2.jpg

some of the gladed trails (sweet!)
glades.jpg

amtrak/hudson river stoke
hudsonamtrak.jpg

scenery stoke
scenery.jpg

Glenn

That is sweet! The only thing that would make life easier would be a buddy with a 4x4 quad or a snowmobile to offer you a tow to the top after each run.

ripzillia

No groomers?:dunce: Sometimes I'll ski our North pasture and chase the Cows.

danny p

just got back in from round two. about 20" on the ground now. Some of the runs that were good yesterday didn't have enough pitch to be good today. Woods were still sweet! Hiking back up in almost knee deep snow is a serious workout!