• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Been to Tremblant ? What to do or not to do?

R

rdmpe

Looks like I may be doing a 5 night family vacation at Tremblant. May be staying at the "Country Inn and Suites by Carlson". First choice was Le Lodge de la Montagne but space availability may be a problem.

Anyway, staying in the village area, which lodging should be avoided and which is great? Any other advice? My 8 & 6 yr boys will need ski lessons, this is their first time in snow...

Thanks,
Randy

SAB

Glad to hear my previous advice was of some use.

When I went up with my family, we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites and it was very nice. We had a one bedroom suite which was good with kids. They have a complimentary breakfast there that gets your day off to a (reasonably) quick start. Pretty much all lodging there is ski-in, ski-out which was good. From our place, we walked downhill about 100 yards to a lift that took us to the main lifts, then were able to ski within 100 feet of our hotel on the way back in.

We decided to stay away from the condos because we didn't want to have to walk very far to the resturaunts with little kids (5 and 8 at the time). They were all ski-in/ski-out, but for dinner, we didn't want to drag tired kids all over the place.

You don't mention when you are going. Some weeks have fairly uncrowded lifts and slopes, some weeks (like the President's Day holiday week) can be really busy. If it's busy, if you hit the main lift area by 9:00 you'll miss the rush. By 9:30, the crush has begun. Then you can get out away from the main base area and find other lifts that aren't as busy. Also, assuming you have the abilities, make sure you hit all the different parts of the mountain - north and south sides, the edge and le soleil.

There's alot going on at the mountain besides skiing, which is nice for a 'complete' vacation. Remember to pace yourself in the skiing dept - it's easy to go all-out early in the week and not feel like skiing much by day 3 because you are sore.

Have fun. It's a great place to ski with your family.

SAB

jjmcgo

Le Scandanavie

Go to Le Scandanavie spa and see if some of the hockey-playing co-owners, like Vincent Damphousse and Eric Desjardins, are there.
Hit 'em up for a beer.

RossiSkier

Les Suites Tremblant - Le Country Inn

The Country Inn&Suites by Carlson is a great place to stay. Ski in/out, simple continental breakfast everyday, good exercise room, sauna, pool, whirlpool. Rooms are nice with fireplaces and kitchen. Tremblant is an amazing place and the bang for the American buck is outstanding.

Also in the same price range the Residence Inn
http://www.marriott-tremblant.com/en/index.php and the
Hilton Homewood Suites.

THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!

P.S. visit Mont Sainte-Anne, Stonham, and La Massif too.

highpeaksdrifter

Ski the Versant Edge side of the mountain. It has a trail called Action which runs top to bottom. On both sides of the trail are glades. If you start at the top the terrain is steep and the trees are tight, but as you go down it gets easier and easier. So if you ski down Action you can get into the trees at whatever skill level you feel confortable. They also have a great bump run from the top.

Tremblat is a nice place for a family ski vacation. My wife and kids loved it.