• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre 1/23/2010

catskills

Belleayre was awesome today. Many thanks to the Belleayre snow makers and groomers for creating a high quality experience. A number of mogul and groomed trails had been topped off with some man made champagne dry powder, which made for some excellent turns.The air was dry which made the snow on all the trails edgeable the entire day. Top that off with blue skies and short to non-existent lift lines and you got one excellent day on the slopes.

The best part was getting a text message from my son with photos of my 1 year old grandson eating ice cream for the first time. He like it so much he got upset when he finished his ice cream and his parent were still eating ice cream.

Tomorrow should be another excellent day. Some sun around noon. then the rain "may" start around 3pm, which I believe is when the Jets game starts.

Belleayre is doing a Jets promotion on Sunday by selling half day tickets that are good in the morning. You can get your turns in the morning before heading home to watch the game.

I am sure all the Catskill ski areas had similar excellent conditions.

Get out and ski and ride. :smash: