• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre - 11/26/07

ERJ-145CA

Area skied: Belleayre, NY

Date skied: November 26th from 11:20am - 3:00pm

Surface conditions: wet loose granular, ice.

I decided to go to Belleayre today as I had planned despite the promise of rain. It rained lightly the whole time I was there, except for maybe a half an hour that it stopped completely, with a couple periods of some heavier rain. On the upper part of the mountain they had Upper and Lower Onteora open, Mohawk and Lower Wanatuska including the rail park.

Upper Onteora was bumped up with wet loose granular. Lower Onteora was mostly patches of ice with some wet loose granular surrounding the ice. Mohawk and Lower Wanatuska were both wet loose granular conditions. The snow was fast and I just did laps on Lift 7 and Onteora, Mohawk and Wanatuska. Over the course of the day I think that I saw maybe 10 different skiers and boarders there. I thought of not bothering to do the 1 hour 45 minute drive because of the rain, but I'm glad that I went, it was much better than staying home, and I had a lot of fun.