• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre 12-3-12

legalskier

Temp on arrival: 44. Clouds with breaks of sun. Soft sweet spring like conditions, with big soft bumps on upper Onteora. Open trails on upper mountain: Onteora, lower Mohawk, lower Wanatuska. Arrived around lunchtime, got several hours of very agreeable conditions, good first day out- starting to get my legs back. One smart improvement I noticed was that they doubled the width of the shoot you take to get from lower Wanatuska over to lift 7 (which is where I took the middle pic, below). While riding up 7 I saw a large bird fly onto a tree next to the liftline- at first I thought it was a red tailed, but when it flew away the tail of a pheasant was unmistakable. That was a first.

12-3-12 Belle Onty skiers (1).JPG
Upper Onteora

12-3-12 Belle lift 7 (1).JPG
Lift 7's spinning

12-3-12 Belle pheasant (1).JPG
Pheasant in tree next to lift 7

Last edited:

Bene288

Glad to hear Belleayre was skiing well. I just read on their site that they're blowing snow again tonight. Hopefully they didn't loose much base from the rain.