• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue Mountain 1/18/10

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Blue Mountain 1/18/10 (Pics added now)

Date(s) Skied: 1/18/10

Resort or Ski Area: Blue Mountain

Conditions: Spring-like. Corn

Trip Report: Awesome day at Blue today. Completely empty with spring-like conditions. Then then sun broke through the clouds and corn was harvested :daffy:. I did 18 runs in 3 hours. Razor's was an absolute blast, even with the ruts left in there from the ski team. Main Street, Lazy, Switchback, Dreamweaver all excellent. They really did plow over and re-seed the moguls on Nightmare, I think I got a pic of that (looked horrible, I didn't ski it). Not too many pics because I forgot to recharge the camera. Mrs Root did pretty well and had a blast also. I was really surprised that when we left around 11:30, the valley lot was still mostly empty. Pics will be uploaded later.

Last edited:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Picture time

Picture time

Nice sky
IMG_0173.jpg

Razor's Edge
IMG_0175.jpg

More Razor's Edge
IMG_0176.jpg

Re-Seeded bumps on Nightmare
IMG_0177.jpg

Sorry, that's all I was able to take before the battery died. Totally legit day today. Can't wait to go back for more:grin:

tarponhead

Did not get there until 11:30, and yeah, was major league surprised at the conditions (and lack of crowd?????). Glad you got Mrs Root out.

Did a half dozen runs down razors before heading to main st and imprinting my helmet and butt prints all over the bumb trail...

Seriously, major fun day today. :beer:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Ghost town today for sure. I wound up doing 18 runs between 8 and 11ish. I think I'm going back tomorrow after work. Still should be pretty good, just a little more firm.