• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boston Snowsports Expo

Bosefius

I've never been to the Boston Expo, does anyone know how it compares to Albany's? I know Boston's is larger, but how much larger? Are the deals on gear outstanding, or just what you find at a regular sale?

awf170

Bosefius said:
I've never been to the Boston Expo, does anyone know how it compares to Albany's? I know Boston's is larger, but how much larger? Are the deals on gear outstanding, or just what you find at a regular sale?

deals are decent, nothing that great though. I'll be there thursday most likely.

Bosefius

riverc0il said:
the sports expo always seems to conflict with my skiing schedule :p

Well said. If this warm trend dies out and any resorts open up, I'll be on the snow. If not, there's a chance I'll hit the Boston Expo on Friday or Saturday. Have some friends in Boston I need to catch up with for drinks anyway. :beer:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
the warm trend definitely dies soon. hopefully later this week. ideally we will see snow making resume thursday and into friday and if the recent man made snow doesn't melt much, should allow for lots of openings next weekend. that's how i am seeing it right now at least :D i was at jay peak today ;) and snow depths on upper jet were 1-2', edge to edge cover. the recent cold was great for snow making. just need another two nights of great snow making temps and i'll be doing jay lift serviced style next weekend, woot.

Rushski

Was thinking of going on Friday, but believe the hours are later 4pm or so, which doesn't work for me. Maybe I'll have to try somewhere to ski Friday instead...

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Don't forget that the SnowSports Show is at Bayside Expo this weekend.

While you are at the ski show consider becoming a member of the New England Ski Museum. Help preserve ski history. Stop by the booth to find out more.

haines

Bayside Expo is great for stocking up on posters!

I went to the Portland Expo weeks earlier!

gOT A FREE HAT, bODE pOSTER

Rushski

Went Saturday, was pretty quiet at about 11am. Probably set up better than the few sporadic years I've been before.

NH, VT, ME, CAN, West, Boarders, Equipment were all pretty much in their own spaces which made it easy to figure out who was where.

Richelsons were doing foot consultations, Ski Market had the big sale area, each ski area was doing give-aways (hopefully won't get too many timeshare come-ons), some videos shot at the areas, radio stations doing different stuff, Friends of Tucks (they got me) and all the other stuff they usually do.

Guess Better Than Ezra was supposed to play today. Not bad for a ski show or is it pretty bad for them to do a ski show???

teachski

Website
teachski.com
I was there. It was better than it has been the past few years. I really enjoyed myself. I got to talk to quite a few people. I got several chapstick, a few carabeaners (SP?), trail maps, stickers, brochures, DVD's, Free Lift tickets, discount lift tickets, Postcards of antique ski posters, and a lot more. I got to talk to and got an autograph from Donna Weinbrech (SP??) I met a few people from AZ.

There were several people who recognized my name (printed on an id badge on my coat) and commented on and complimented my website.

I talked to the guys from Granite Gorge (NH) for quite a while. They have a new Quad this year.

I talked to Chris Bradford from SJ and Crotched Mountain (NH) and was among the first to know that Crotched would be open today.

I talked to Jeremy Davis from NELSAP and told him of a person I know who has Snow Hill (MA) and various other area brochures, pictures and info he wants to share with the site.

I talked to Hannah Collins from Burke and gave permission for an old brochure on my site and an old postcard to be used in a special project they are working on.

There were a lot more too...I could go on and on forever....If I omitted you, I am sorry.

I had a great time and thought it was a great show.

Paul

Took the fam on Sat. Had a good time, got some good info. Got some stuff for the tyke. Worth attending.