• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke 1/15/2010

Smellytele

Got into the parking lot which had about 30 cars in it. Got there as the lifts started. Got our $10 ski club appreciation day tickets. After booting up myself and my 8 yr old we hit the lower quad and went right over to the peak chair. Hit the winding Deer Run for the first run and it had a powdery top layer and was for the the day. Some trails that had been groomed and were wide open were a little crunchy because of the thaw/freeze. The visibility was the only real issue of the day. Clouds engulfed the upper half of the mountain and I had to ski sans googles at the top. The falling frozen percip didn't help much with that either. I did the tree runs of Jungle, Birches, and Marshland. Also some others with out names. What pleased me the most was my kid, who sometimes unlike my other 2 kids could take skiing or leave it, asked to skip our morning break so we could get more runs in.
The trails are set up in some spots so one can ski the trees and another can ski near the trees. This is not true on skiers right of the mountain. We also hit some nice bump runs - Wilderness, Lew's Leap, Fox's Folly and Doug's drop.
We stopped at 2:30 to take in the free apres-ski for ski club members in the Tamarack. I am glad I did. I ran into my 79 year old uncle who is still going strong new hips and knees and all. Also won 2 tickets to come back. Thanks Charlotte!
I will be returning this year now and really loved the mountain. It may make a good base to ski both Cannon and Jay as well.

Edd

Sweet report SmellyT. Charlotte is really cool. Maybe I'll run into you or Edd next time you are in the area.

Charlotte is very nice. She helped me out with something. Next time I go there I'll give you a shout.