• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Busted - Getting back to the States ain't easy

WakeboardMom

In Atlanta, Delta got half the flight boarded, and made an announcement that based on what was observed carried-on, no further carry ons would be placed in the overhead bins. They forced everyone else to check everything. The problem with that method is that people are now going to kill each other to be first in line.

I would not worry about terrorism in an airport line. You could do that anywhere you want in all sorts of environments. The impact is not as great as hijinxing a flying missle. There are much more effective ways of damaging us, which I'm not going to get into here.

Yes, I know that there are plenty of effective ways. I'm sure the people who can do the damage have and are examining all options.

But that is very, very scary about the carry-on thing, for the exact reasons that you described. I'm sorry...I don't travel for business, except for trade shows, so my perspective is skewed.

CHECK IT godddammit and we can all get on with our lives. Keep your PC and your iPod and your ski boots, and check the rest. Get over it!!