• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cohos Trail summer 2009

pedxing

Please note I hit the trail at its very wettest. Its generally easier and it keeps getting better. The Cohos Trail Association may be small, but they are great people and very hard workers. Lots of improvements for 2010! (donating your time or money to the trail will help make this a truly great trail see www.cohostrail.org)

Date(s) Hiked: 7/23/09 - 8/3/09

Trails(s) Hiked: Cohos Trail

Total Distance: 158 miles

Difficulty: variable - easy to high

Conditions: Wet most of the time.

Special Required Equipment: Good rain gear, good water protection for other gear.

Trip Report: http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=9340

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com
I was on the Cohos Sept 4-11 of 2009. Not a single drop of rain. The summit of Cabot was socked in heavy clouds and wind with blowing mist but that was it. The trail was still very soggy in many places and I had wet feet quite a bit, especially either side of Dixville Notch above the Balsams and around Pondicherry.