• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Columbia's Omni Heat

CoolMike

I wanted to add that the Omni Heat gloves are really sweet and much better than the Carhartts I used to use.

I get really cold hands with most gloves and the Colombia ones are the best I've tried so far. On Sunday I had to curl my fingers up inside the palm of the glove once on the lift but was otherwise very comfortable. I didn't have to go inside to thaw my hands and I didn't have any hand pain.

〽❄❅

I wanted to add that the Omni Heat gloves are really sweet and much better than the Carhartts I used to use.

I get really cold hands with most gloves and the Colombia ones are the best I've tried so far. On Sunday I had to curl my fingers up inside the palm of the glove once on the lift but was otherwise very comfortable. I didn't have to go inside to thaw my hands and I didn't have any hand pain.
Which omni-heat gloves?

Asking as i have a few Columbia omni-heat gloves and haven't found them to be any warmer then my other gloves, actually just the opposite.

I have a middle of the line Columbia Whirlibird omni heat glove, they're not warm, hands freeze on the chairlift. A very similar light weight under-cuff omni heat mitten i picked up last season on clearance at TjMaxx for $15 is a little better.

Got a pair of OutDry Mountain Monster gloves at Tjx this season, feels like have more insulating material then the Whirlibirds. Wore 'em to put the trash out last Sunday evening at 28º, fingers froze. Online reviews said they weren't that warm. Probably should return them but thinking useful for global warming 35º F wet snow storm days where the Whirlibirds get soaked in 30minutes or so.

Additionally, i got a pair of TNF Gonzo gloves and Burton AK Oven Mitt this season. Gonzo glove is tnf flash-dry/thick insulation, online reviews said very warm, still my finger tips eventually froze in them last Sunday evening.
The Burton Primaloft and Down filled AK Oven Mitt was better but my thumb got cold and i felt cold along the side of my pinky.

My glove quiver includes a pair of Marmot Ultimate Guide Gloves i got last year, GoreTex XCR and well made but still had to curl my fingers into the palms when on the lifts @ 15º - 20º days.

I'm seriously thinking about springing for the Marmot 8000meter mitten next.

ScottySkis

They sell gold mini gloves in ski shops for about 20$ goes under your gloves helps keep warm on coldest days. Have you tried those.