• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crotched Mountain, 2/3/11

KD7000

2/3/11
Crotched Mountain, NH

Thursday turned out to be perfect to take a day off and check out Crotched. Never having been there before, I wasn't sure what to expect. I know it's not a huge place, but the trail map looked like it offered up some fun runs. Plus, I had a 2-for-1 with the Ride & Ski card, so tickets were stupidly cheap.

Conditions were absolutely perfect. Powder, packed powder everywhere. Mid 20's, sunny, gorgeous. Virtually nobody there.

The main runs were all groomed, though there were plenty of bumps off the sides of the liftline trail, and a couple mogul runs available as well.

The woods were fantastic. Plenty of untouched lines, super deep soft snow. I took quite a few tumbles, thoroughly enjoying crashing in the pillowy soft snow. Goofed around and actually went off a few jumps, as all the landings were super soft as well.

I really liked the uppermost trails that you can access via a short hike up from the top of the summit lift. It just adds a little bit of fun, and an awesome view of Northern NH

Crotched isn't big, but it skis ( or boards) much bigger than it appears, especially when there is a ridiculous amount of natural snow. No lift lines helped quite a bit as well. You can hit pretty much every square inch of the place.

All in all, a great, great day!