• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Difference between mountain biking and road biking

Dtekhans

Hi guys,
I'm just thinking is it going to be harder to do the ride with a mountain bike or should I get a road bike to do it. My uncle says that there is a big difference between the bikes so it would be harder for me and my body to get use to the road bike if I'm just using it the once. Btw i was thinking or lending or renting the road bike. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Daniewirt

A mountain bike is probably better for you if you want flexibility and durability. It can handle a variety of terrains, including off-road trails and pavement. Its rigid frame and suspension provide better stability and comfort. However, if speed and efficiency on paved roads is your priority, consider a road bike instead.

Addryn

As for renting a bike - if you are going to use it infrequently, then this can be a good solution, but you need to be very careful. If you don't know which bike is right for you, then this way you can try different models before making a purchase decision. But still, to be more calm, it is better to purchase. Well, you need to think about where you plan to ride, what kind of roads you have in the region