• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dr. Jeff

BeanoNYC

This is at the top of an email I got today from Mount Snow.

Snowmaking Powerhouses Great job with the HUGE amounts of snow you guys have made this season, especially the past few weeks! -- Dr. Jeff (last name edited by Beano) of Brooklyn, CT (February 4, 2007)

Small world.

drjeff

This is at the top of an email I got today from Mount Snow.

Small world.

Thats me :grin: - Just a quote Chris Lenois, the communications director took from a post of mine on the all4one passholders website. And in 100% honesty, it's been a really amazing transformation over the past few weeks and the amount of snow they've laid down has been really impressive.

JimG.

Staff member
Thats me :grin: - Just a quote Chris Lenois, the communications director took from a post of mine on the all4one passholders website. And in 100% honesty, it's been a really amazing transformation over the past few weeks and the amount of snow they've laid down has been really impressive.

I'll be there next Friday with the AZ crew...looking forward to it.

drjeff

After skiing MS again today (2-10) I could add to my superaltives! Plummet was amazing. Basically they made a spine of snow between 6 to 10 feet deep all the way down the middle of the trail, and every 150 to 200 feet there was an additional mini whale of 3 to 6 feet to ski over/around. The sides of Plummet then had a mix of a few inches of fresh mother nature powder combined with a few extra inches of "scrapings" of the really light, almost styrofoam texture manmade. The best part was that asside from the top couple hundred feet and the bottom couple of hundred feet, it was in its ungroomed glory! Also of good note, both Beartrap and Ripcord which they burried with manmade 10 to 14 days ago and haven't groomed have retained that perfect dry, grippy manmade texture thanks to the cold weather!

Today was easily one of the most fun days I've had in the hill at MS when the trees haven't been open. Just great snow on all the faces of the mtn

BeanoNYC

After skiing MS again today (2-10) I could add to my superaltives! Plummet was amazing. Basically they made a spine of snow between 6 to 10 feet deep all the way down the middle of the trail, and every 150 to 200 feet there was an additional mini whale of 3 to 6 feet to ski over/around. The sides of Plummet then had a mix of a few inches of fresh mother nature powder combined with a few extra inches of "scrapings" of the really light, almost styrofoam texture manmade. The best part was that asside from the top couple hundred feet and the bottom couple of hundred feet, it was in its ungroomed glory! Also of good note, both Beartrap and Ripcord which they burried with manmade 10 to 14 days ago and haven't groomed have retained that perfect dry, grippy manmade texture thanks to the cold weather!

Today was easily one of the most fun days I've had in the hill at MS when the trees haven't been open. Just great snow on all the faces of the mtn

Thanks...I can't wait to get up there. It's amazing what a few weeks can do.