• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Drink beer, get smarter

legalskier

Confirming what many have suspected....

STUDY: Drinking Beer Makes You Smarter
A recent study from the University of Illinois at Chicago has showed that drinking beer may make people smarter—especially when it comes to creative problem solving....The more inebriated bunch solved 40% more problems, and also finished solving the problems quicker than the sober group,

Full story: http://www.businessinsider.com/drinking-beer-makes-you-smarter-2012-4#ixzz1rrqUdU27

---diego_beer_goggles_opt.jpg

:beer:

BMac

Website
apod.nasa.gov
I've always found I work on a bell curve with golf being the perfect example. Right around 3 or 4 beers and I'm very loose and comfortable, but my handicap increases directly from then on with number of beers consumed. A flask during the ski day certainly doesn't decrease my enjoyment of the day.

jlboyell

yeah, its a very sharp parabola for me. anything like darts, beer pong, horseshoes, washers or golf is right at the 4-8 mark, then its downhill. same goes with wit and conversation