• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite trail pods?

Greg

Staff member
What are some of your favorite trail pods at various mountains? Castlerock at Sugarbush is obviously the best at South, but I also enjoy the Valley House trail pod with the Mall, Twist and Moonshine. The East Basin area is the best Loon offer - trails like Triple Trouble, Dipper and Lower Angel Street are a blast. Snow's North Face is fun.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Being a newcomer to the sport, I recently discovered how fun the trails in the Toilet Bowl are at K.

This is the point where an old crusty can jump in and tell me how much better they were in the old days...

2knees

needles eye area at killington. Bromleys east face is a personal favorite. 10 years ago, i wouldve said bear mtn hands down but its seen some changes in recent years that have dimmed my enthusiasm for it.

Greg

Staff member
Sorry to have to ask, but what is a trail pod? :dunce:

Don't apologize. Think of a trail pod as an "area" of trails, usually serviced by a specific lift or lifts, e.g. Castlerock at Sugarbush, Bear Mountain at Killington, etc...

thebigo

Not realy sure if it is technically a trail pod but I would say the ramshead side of snowdon at kmart. Low-rider, patsys, northstar, vagabond, random snowdon woods. Nice natural terrain with a good pitch and the crippled lift keeps the masses away. Another one would definitely be bronco at pico, when it is open.

I also like the summit quad at cannon although the hsdq has somewhat changed the traffic patterns up there.

kickstand

I think Wildcat qualifies as its own pod, so I'm voting for that. I also like Aurora over at Sunday River. Not many trails in that pod, but it has a little bit of everything.