• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

GO PATS!!!!

ChileMass

Beat those Donkeys next week!!

I was at the Jax game Sat nite which was huge fun, although my bad back was killing me since no one sat down the entire game. The crowd was really rocking, especially when Assante Samuel ran the interception back 75 yards to ice the game. Gillette Stadium is so cool. What a great place to watch a game.

Haven't seen the Vegas line yet, but would have to imagine the Bronocs are a minimal home favorite (3 points). The Pats are in much better shape now than when they lost in Denver in October, and Brady still almost pulled off a 4th-quarer miracle that day anyway. The Pats lack of running success is a bit of a worry, and Jake Plummer is a whole lot better than Byron Leftwich, so Denver will likely be able to move the ball somewhat better than Jax did. It will come down to Brady and the passing game to carry the Pats unless Belichick can figure out a way to run vs Denver in the next few days.

Hmmmmmm.......Chile's early prediction: Pats 31, Denver 24 in a shootout passing game.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I think Faulk looked pretty decent all things considered, but you're right, he was nothing you can depend on for 100 yards like Dillon in top form.

Definitely should be a good football game.

skibum1321

It was good to see the Steelers win because I would sure rather see the Pats play Denver and it moves the game to night time so it doesnt interfere with skiing. Considering they played so bad last time, they still came pretty close. I think the Pats will pull this one out.

Zand

I think that if the Pats beat Denver, they'll go all the way, unless they face Seattle in the Super Bowl. That would be another big hurdle to jump. I want the Steelers to beat the Colts this weekend, so the Pats can play at home for the AFC Championship. Pittsburgh, outside of denver, is probably the biggest threat for the Pats.

Jaytrek57

Just a couple of random thoughts.

You don't need a huge running game in the play-offs. You just need the "threat" of a running option. The Patriots have proved this over the last couple of years.

It may just be me, but Jake Plummer is vastly over rated. Yeah, having a decent year, but if the Patriots get to him, esp. in his head, he is done.

In the first match-up, Denver took advantage of the Patriots secondary. THose players are not here anymore and the secondary, althougth given to much cushion IMHO, is drastically improved.

In the end, Patriots win. I would take the Patriots with the points and tease the Steelers up a couple points. You know....if I DID bet. :wink:

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Jaytrek57 said:
It may just be me, but Jake Plummer is vastly over rated. Yeah, having a decent year, but if the Patriots get to him, esp. in his head, he is done.
Seems Willie McGinest has been getting to everyone lately. He's been a machine over the last 4-6 weeks, which probably stems from the O-line having to devote so much attention to Seymour and Wilfork.

Just keep bringing that QB pressure. The longer he can scramble, the longer the receivers have to get downfield and get open. If they can get in his face early and often, they'll do fine. I'm not too worried about Denver's running game. Though they are something like #2 in the league, no one has been running on the Pats lately.

Paul

473555.jpg

Pete is so happy you guys like his Kool-Aid. :D

ChileMass

Paul said:

WOW

Hey Paul - remember the scene from "Animal House" where the Delta guys are reviewing the pledge class and when they flash the picture of Flounder up on the movie screen Belushi screams in terror? Well, I just did that when I scrolled down and saw Pete Sheppard's ugly mug on AZ......yikes! :eek:

Truth is I actually love WEEI and am listening to them right now..... :D

Paul

ChileMass said:
WOW

Hey Paul - remember the scene from "Animal House" where the Delta guys are reviewing the pledge class and when they flash the picture of Flounder up on the movie screen Belushi screams in terror? Well, I just did that when I scrolled down and saw Pete Sheppard's ugly mug on AZ......yikes! :eek:

Truth is I actually love WEEI and am listening to them right now..... :D

:lol: :lol:

I listen to them too, although its tough this time of year having to suffer all of the Tom Brady pole smoking to get my Sox info. :puke:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Wow, I've seen ugly, but I tip my hat to that guy.

He's taken it to the next level. I wonder if the folks give him candy too when he takes his kid trick or treating.

Paul

Marc said:
Wow, I've seen ugly, but I tip my hat to that guy.

He's taken it to the next level. I wonder if the folks give him candy too when he takes his kid trick or treating.

473573.jpg

Duh-duh whudda ya tawkin' about? Petey's a good lookin' guy. duh-duh-duh.

skibum1321

Ugly game. Turnovers killed them.

A little over a month until spring training and new hope.

Celtics and B's already have no shot at winning a championship (since they barely can win a game).

ChileMass

I'll never be able to cheer for Pittsburgh, so if forced to choose, I will hold my nose and pick Denver to win next week.

The Colts are now the pre-2004 Red Sox of football, and I hate Peyton Manning. I heard he ragged out his offensive linemen in the postgame press conference - classy. Have a nice offseason, Peyton.

Then there's the NFC and I just can't get behind the Seahawks - bad uni's, depressing city, too far away. Who are those guys? So that leaves Carolina. Fox is a good coach, Delhomme is a sneaky little guy, Julius Peppers is borderline psychotic (reminds me of LT) and Steve Smith is pretty amazing.

But it's all kind of ho-hum. I think Belichick had a plan he really believed would take down both Denver and Indy, and he's bummed out he won't get a chance to execute it because his normally reliable guys screwed up. Plus - it's probably the last rodeo for a lot of these guys - McGinest, Troy Brown, Bruschi, Dillon, Faulk, Rodney Harrison, etc etc. I think Belichick knew it and knew this was the last chance for these guys. His press conf was pretty depressing.....

Silver lining - 5 weeks till pitchers and catchers report.

skibum1321

I never could cheer for Indy or the Steelers. I hate them both pretty equally. Next week, I'd have to take Denver and Seattle. I would like to see Seattle win it all - it's a nice city and they seem to be pretty down on their luck in terms of sports.

Paul

I hate to do it, but I'm going to cheer for the cross-state rivals. (Yes, I'm a long-suffering Iggles fan) Despite what we all may think of the Stillers (which ain't much) the Bus is a class act, and I wouldn't mind seeing him get his ring in his hometown.

Especially if they beat the puddy-tats, gawd I hate that team.....

Zand

I can't stand the Colts because of Peyton Manning. All of his "records" last year were BS. The running game would get them down to the goal and all he had to do was dump pass it everytime. However, I feel bad for Dungy. He's a great coach. I'd like to see him go to a better team. I think he'd be good for a team like the Chargers.

As far as the Patriots go (pardon the pun), they just didn't play good Saturday. Next year should go much better provided 10 guys don't get hurt again.

As far as the Super Bowl, I like all 4 teams. I never really liked the Steelers, but I want to see the Bus get a ring before he retires. I like the Panthers just because they beat the Giants. :wink: I like the Seahawks because they are really friggen good this year and Hasselbeck is a New England native. Denver wants a win bad too, they were playing top notch Saturday.

Mike P.

It was tough watching Saturday but om Sunday it was nice watching Indy choke. Vanderjerk was the guy talking smack last year about the Pats so I was very happy to see him gag at the end. How many games has he had to save in the last two years with Peyton & Comapny lighting 90% of the Opponents.

The Bus is a Class act so I'm okay withthem getting there. With the Pat's out it doesn't really matter to me until I get a couple of squares at work then it will only matter what the score is... :lol:

Pete S. Now that is a face for radio, heck Howard Stern had to hang with strippers before they put him on TV...