• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good (and reasonable) ski repair shop in Boston

snowmonster

Hello Az'ers. I just wanted to tap the expertise of the folks on these boards for this.

I cracked my new skis after taking (and messing up) an ill-advised jump this afternoon. I want to get the skis repaired (before I do more damage). Do you folks have any recommendation? Am looking for a good but reasonably priced ski repair shop in the Boston area. I have looked into SkiMarket and REI and I'm pretty sure that they are on the pricey side. Would appreciate your input.

Thanks!

snowmonster

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i had a suspect mount at summit in danvers. fortunately another shop was able to iron out the issues without a remount. i would advise caution on that one out of experience.

snowmonster

Thanks for your inputs, riverc0il and trailertrash!

I actually had to return some gloves to Bob Smith's Wilderness House so the cost of the ski repair was just a wash. It was a great tip since I was considering SkiMarket down the street and Widerness House was way cheaper.

By the way, Wilderness House is having a closing out sale on the entire inventory. They're changing owners in April and everything has to go by February. Might consider getting a second pair of skis if the price is right!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Run like made from SkiMarket. Rip off city. They may even 'repair' the wrong ski :roll:

Strands in Worcester is good.