• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good intermediate ski for Pennsylvania and VT trips

lpranger467

I was looking at the Head V 10 but think they would be a bit advanced. I would like a good intermediate ski that would grow with me, I'm 6'0 175 and figured I would do a 170 for easier turns. Looking for suggestions. I would mainly ski PA ski hills but would take a few trips to upstate NY or VT. Thanks very much !

mister moose

No doubt you'll get some answers here, but have you been on Ski Talk?

You can search by ski, they do cage match comparisons, and you can ask the forum for advice. Far more ski testing feed back there.

However, there is no substitute for trying different skis out. It's what works for you, not what works for someone else. Use the internet to narrow it down, and try some out next season.

*And if you want a worthwhile response, be detailed in your ability and the terrain you like to ski.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
*And if you want a worthwhile response, be detailed in your ability and the terrain you like to ski.

Yep. Just as important information as your weight and height!

It's all about preference but I'm 5' 7" and 170cm is almost as short as I go with ski length. At 6' tall 170cm would feel more like ice skates than skis unless you're a beginner or really low intermediate.

lpranger467

Yep. Just as important information as your weight and height!

It's all about preference but I'm 5' 7" and 170cm is almost as short as I go with ski length. At 6' tall 170cm would feel more like ice skates than skis unless you're a beginner or really low intermediate.
I would say moderate intermediate at best. I can pretty much tackle anuthing on a snowboard, but trying to improve my skills on skis so in the past I had best luck staying a bit shorter for turning sake