• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Greek Peak 12/19

campgottagopee

Blew outta work around 2, and was on the hill by 2:40 looking for some of my crew. Bout 3 gotta text to meet them over at chair 4 (should've known) for some laps on Zeus and Trojan. Zeus was BLOWER!!!! Completely filled in, knee deep POW and it was LIGHT--the kinda stuff we rarley get around here. Skiers left was SA-WEET 'cause you could pop in & out of the woods. Oh and can you say refills??? Wind was pumpin' it in, fresshies every trip down. Spent an hr or so there then headed over to chair 1 to check out the Olympian---not open yet but should've been--man-o-man was it deep in there. Lots of hootin' & hollerin goin' on---nothing like poaching the big "O" at dusk. I'm not a big fan of afternoon skiing at Greek but storm skiing makes it ok. Was off the hill be 5, had 2-9 beers with the fellas then home by 7.

Warp Daddy

Blew outta work around 2, and was on the hill by 2:40 looking for some of my crew. Bout 3 gotta text to meet them over at chair 4 (should've known) for some laps on Zeus and Trojan. Zeus was BLOWER!!!! Completely filled in, knee deep POW and it was LIGHT--the kinda stuff we rarley get around here. Skiers left was SA-WEET 'cause you could pop in & out of the woods. Oh and can you say refills??? Wind was pumpin' it in, fresshies every trip down. Spent an hr or so there then headed over to chair 1 to check out the Olympian---not open yet but should've been--man-o-man was it deep in there. Lots of hootin' & hollerin goin' on---nothing like poaching the big "O" at dusk. I'm not a big fan of afternoon skiing at Greek but storm skiing makes it ok. Was off the hill be 5, had 2-9 beers with the fellas then home by 7.

YEAH BABY dats what I'm talkin bout!!! -- glad u guys had some serious pow

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
As soon as I saw "greek peak" in the title I knew it was gonna be a lovely report! Wishing you a couple feet more this week. You've got some western style skiing in your pocket! enjoy!

Grassi21

despite doing 4 yrs at IC I have never skied greek. camp, any pics past or present kicking around. i would have not problem getting wifey up there in the summer, but it might be hard to get her to do a mid winter trip.

campgottagopee

despite doing 4 yrs at IC I have never skied greek. camp, any pics past or present kicking around. i would have not problem getting wifey up there in the summer, but it might be hard to get her to do a mid winter trip.

Man I don't sport a camera---dunno why, I should. Anyway, some good pix on their website www.greekpeak.net if that will help. Been real good start and looks like it's gonna keep gettin better. We got 10 " out of that storm friday, sat into sat night another 4 so sunday was kickass again, and another 2 overnight last night with 2-4 of LE predicted today. I happen to be off on tues so the place will be MINE!!! Those of you who know Greek know how much fun that little place can be when conditions are good.