• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 01.13.10

dmc

Nice sunny semi warm day for a few between interviews runs... :)
Also a day to test out the new helmet cam I picked up.. Mounted on my goggle strap but it turned out cockeyed... I figured it all out now - so it will be better tomorrow...
Nice PPWD but some sketchy spots - we need some new snow...

Racers from the quad
IMG_1218.JPG

Hellgate from the Quad
IMG_12191.JPG

Helgate Racers... Helmet cam... DMC POV... :)
Worked it all out now - better mount placement so it doesn;t rattle around so much...

dmc

The lower half was fine...my high speed turns...arent exactly turns...more like oh shyts.....

I find that the "hard pack" is less of an issue when I'm going fast... :)

Up high I stayed on the fence....

dmc

I was right on that fence....super short turns...just like Jim G showed me. Platt sunday??

Have a gig at MacGregors that night... Probably just stay local...
I'd consider it if I didn't...

jtothewang

Hunter building up a real base this year? I don't get that impression at Windham. Saw some grass there this past weekend and guessing they are trying to save $$$ on snowmaking with this stretch of cold. It does make me wonder about March though.

dmc

Hunter's base is good... It could use some resurfacing.. But it's go to go...

I can't personally comment on Windham's conditions... But I've heard the same from others...