• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 12/22

millerm277

Lets start off with the bad...White Cloud sucked. Summit thermometer read 0F at noon and dropped from there, and the peak was incredibly windy, and I forgot my camera, so no pics.

Now that that's out of the way:

Conditions were INCREDIBLE. Tons of snow everywhere, Dropoff, shockingly...wins ROTD for me. All natural, with a couple rocks poking through, but great snow. Everything else was in great shape as well. Other than White Cloud (and Heuga at the very end of the day), there was nothing you could take and not be happy with.

I'm not going to give a detailed report on conditions, everything was great. Reserved 42nd St was nice as well.

Snowmaking report:

Clairs had the most snowmaking I've ever seen on it, and Upper Crossover was a whiteout. Gun Hill, Ike, and Hellgate all had snowmaking ongoing as well.....along with, shockingly, HIGHLANDS (yes, the area served by the Poma)/E chair terrain. Guns were on all day there, and blasting. Going to be a good season. In the hopeful possibility category, there was a gun running on the runout from Lower Taylors all day. Nothing on Lower K-27 though.

Lift report:
Quad ran ALL day, no major stoppages even with the winds. :beer: B, D, F, and Z were also running. Short line at the quad and F in the morning, disappearing as the skiers slowly froze solid in the afternoon.