• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 11/25/05

loafer89

My son and I just finished our first day of the season today at Killington.

We Left our house at 3:15am and arrived at the Rams Head base lodge at 8:00am despite poor road conditions on I-91 from Brattleboro to exit 6. Route 100 from Ludlow to route 4 was snowcovered and slick.

We started out skiing Header and enjoying untracked powder on Criss Cross. We skied down Caper to the K-1 gondola which had a 5 minute wait at Best.

Great Northern had soft snow all the way down to the Snowdon Quad which had no wait.

Bunny Buster had really nice packed powder surfaces and was uncrowded. We also took several runs on Snowshed to make my son happy.

Sorry for a conditions report on novice terrain, but I will get to ski more interesting trails tomorrow when my son is in his lesson.

Weather conditions were VERY cold with 12F at the base and a tropical 3F on Killington Peak. It snowed off and on all day with about 1" of new snow.

Today was NOT crowded at all with hardly a wait at most lifts. Snowmaking is occuring on Skyelark/High Road/Bittersweet, and they are open but we did not ski them.

loafer89

Here are some pictures from Friday:

NoCrowdsatRamsHead.jpg

A very empty parking lot at Rams Head on Friday Morning.

WarreninthepowderonCrissCross.jpg

My son in the powder on Rams Head.

LowerChute.jpg

Nice snow on Lower Chute