• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 12/21/08

mondeo

Date(s) Skied: Sunday, 12/21/08

Resort or Ski Area: Killington

Conditions: Powder, ice here and there, rocks

Trip Report: Got a late start and took some extra time getting to the mountain, pulling in a little before 12. Rode the Bear Quad up, O.L. was Fairly well covered, with 1 or 2 tracks. I'm guessing Ski Patrol, seeing as how it was open when I got to the top. First run was down O.L., probably about the 5th person down. Powder was DEEP, getting thigh to hip high at points. Did another, and felt the burn and decided to take it easy for a bit. Also decided I need to buy another pair of skis for days like today. Headed up the new Skye Quad, now a reasonable duration, and over to Needles lift line, then Vertigo. Vertigo had some nice powder bumps on it, and lines everywhere. Over to Ovation - lower part was ice troughs between powder bumps. Hit the K1 gondi and traversed back over to Bear for a break. Couple more runs, another on Vertigo, then decided to check out the Stash. Interesting place - don't know of another terrain park where the entrance is tree skiing. Some big jumps, too - ones where you really don't want to come up short of the landing. Called it quits after a long short day.

Conditions were great, I'm just too beat up and tired to fully take advantage of them. Tomorrow should be interesting.

skiadikt

yeah mondeo awesome day. vertigo had great powdah bumps. also hit thimble & upper needles which were great. we hit bear early so missed the rope drop on ol. ovation had awesome pow skiers left but lower was as you said pow & icey troughs. yeah those tree entrances to the stash were interesting. other than a few trails, we spent most of the day in the trees. closed out on chop which still untracked knee deep. drove a total of 11 hrs to ski 6. well worth it ...