• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington/Pico Parent Company Buys Eldora

dlague

I think this is an interesting move by Powdr. Eldora is blocked by Boulder from adding condos and hotels to its base which caused Vail to drop it's bid on the place a few years back. Boulder even limits the number of lift tickets sold per day. Technically, at 680 acres Eldora is considered a feeder. It does attract lots of college students and is close enough to Denver for those to day trip and get lessons for their kids.

In the pass wars that are ever increasing, wonder how this will play. Eldora is not that big of a deal overall as compared to Copper or Killington but sems to be a grab for future skiers to stay with Powdr. Eldora is already part of a Rocky Mountain Pass that includes Copper and Winter Park.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/06/eldora-mountain-resort-sold-copper-mountain-powdr/

JoeB-Z

I wanted to ski Eldora last Spring for sentimental reasons because I skied there often in high school. No deals at all. Passes were relatively expensive compared to A-Basin and Loveland so they lost my business. Maybe this will change now.