• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - Wednesday 11/23/05

ga2ski

Killington was good today with 10 inches of snow at the summit. I'll post a full report in a bit.

If you can i recommend getting on the hill tomorrow before masses show up on Friday and Saturday. I'll be on the hill again tomorrow.

ga2ski

Today was great at Killington. There was about 9 inches of fresh at the top at 9:30 when we started. It snowed off and on all day, mostly on, and would guess that that inch or so more.

Well when we arrived the gondolas were still in the hanger due to some problem with the track to get them back on the cable. I think it might have been an icing issue, but not sure. Anyways the Snowdon triple was open and we headed up that to the Glades Triple (Yeah I know it is the North Ridge Triple, but I always call it the Glades). When we got to of the Glades triple we noticed that West Glade was open so we hit it. Very nice powder, but getting ridden hard and on our next run the snow on West Glade was pretty beat. We took several runs on the Glades with Rime, Reason, Downdraft, Upper Dipper and lower Cat track having good snow with powder still to be had.

Later we headed down Great Northern to take a ride on the gondola which opened around 10:15. On the way down, they had just opened Mouse Trap with the guns blaring, but much to our dismay it was not as good as the snow up top.

After several more runs on the Glades triple, (Rime and Reason had some great lines of hero bumps), we skied Highline which had the guns going as well which was fun, but some of the snow was wet.

Overall a great day even though things were a bit scraped off by 1:30, you could still find some powder on the sides of some trails.

I can’t wait to get out for Day 6 tomorrow. I hope the predicted snow arrives over night.

Happy Thanksgiving.